1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Traps question!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Camtha, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Camtha

Camtha Guest

This one goes for lockpickers and disarmers!

If i just take lockpicking, can i eat up chest traps ? Meaning if i have 70 fire and poison resist and about 120 life, will i mostly still get killed ?

What about city shop crates?
    Paragon chest?
    Dungeon chests?

Give me opinions and rought estimates? I hear that some trapped ones can carry all, explosion, poison, dart - how massive this damage can be ?

I expect this is way different in Siege than its on normal shards, as Siege has everything trapped!

This question come from template issue where I could only take lockpicking and would have to leave detect hidden and disarm traps out of it.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    Very few treasure hunters on Siege have 'disarm trap', most just have 70 fire resist and decent str/hp. Yes some chests have all 3 trap types, but they don't all trigger at once, you can heal in between.
  3. Camtha

Camtha Guest

Thanks, all i really need to hear.

Okey, does lockpicking or trap exlosion unhide you?

4. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 7, 2008
    Just open chests from t-maps or spawning dungeon chests and you will be fine. Wear high fire, poison, carry gr heals and cures, and gr str for before opening.
    Only non-spawning chests have more than one trap, and they have nothing of value to take risk. Only normal items.