1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Travel? Walk, or just take a Worm Hole?

Discussion in 'Stargate Worlds Stratics Forums' started by Tagrun, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Tagrun

Tagrun Guest

I was thinking. How is travel going to be solved at a massive level.

What do you guys think?

Will it be different instances for the gate dials for groups, and soloing? Or do you just click where you want to go and a dialing loading screen comes up to go to the different planets...

Just something I was wondering.

2. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

As I understand it, it'll be taking the stargate to different planets, which aren't instanced. So, if you just through the gate to P6S-2031, you'll be getting suprise cuddles from the same Reetou as everyone else.

3. They should have one non-instanced world like EVE. The technology is ready at this point.

4. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Eve is a special case...
    The whole space setting allows the areas to be huge, and mostly devoid of... anything...
    The resource requirements for a single area of Eve are probably similar to those of a small town in a ground-based MMO.
    Add to this the vastness of the area, meaning that the mission areas are, to all intents and purposes, instanced. While a person could find their way into the same area another player's doing a quest, the chances are very close to zero.
    If you travel out into the middle of a moor, or other geograhically significant area of land, and there is no one around. You might as well be the only person in the world, since there is no one else within your vicinity.

5. Jeffdogg

Jeffdogg Guest

Heres what they have on travel so far.

http://www.stargateworldswiki.com/wiki/Expansions

http://www.stargateworldswiki.com/wiki/The_Stargate