1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Traveling Bard's Night at the Winter Guard - 3/20/09

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Piper [PGoH], Mar 16, 2009.

1. Piper [PGoH]

Piper [PGoH] Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

At nine o'clock Eastern time (9:00 PM EST) on Friday, March 20, Traveling Bard's Night will be hosted by the Freehold of Roses at the Winter Guard. The event is sponsored by PGoH. The rules of bard's night are simple:

* Leave your conflicts at the door and bring your stories with you.
    * No harsh obscenities are to be used in your stories.
    * There will be a time limit (usually five minutes, but subject to change due to the number of storytellers).
    * All stories must adhere to the theme: "Spring/Rebirth."

The top three will win cash prizes and will be given an invitation to the champions event at a later date.

The prize will be divided as follows: 500,000 gold crowns for first place; 325,000 gold crowns for second; and 175,000 gold crowns for third. Judging will take place by three crowd members chosen at random, who will decide on the winners.

Gates will be run from New Haven starting at approximately 8:30 to give people time to come sign up. Remember, it's Friday night, not Saturday this week! And for those of you who don't already know where the Winter Guard is, here's its location, northeast of Luna:

[​IMG]

2. Corvak

Corvak Guest

When you do the champions event - I know it says you have to win an invite - will the general public be allowed to come as spectators?

3. Piper [PGoH]

Piper [PGoH] Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Oh, of course. The entrants will just all be winners from the previous ones. The champions thing will be a sort of homecoming event for once our town renovations are all finished. :>

4. Scarst

Scarst Lore Master
    Governor Stratics Veteran

Let's hope with the freehold being the spot that James wont be tempted to burn anything if he does we always have snow outside to put it out.

5. Corvak

Corvak Guest

I'm sure Va'lis will bring his blackrock collection along.

6. Aedon Durreah

Aedon Durreah Village of Aegis
    Stratics Veteran

Pookas with fire and Va'lis with Blackrock. *checks to see if life insurance policyis paid up to date.

7. Corvak

Corvak Guest

Might double check the insurance policy on the building...make sure it's insured against demonic explosions...

8. Scarst

Scarst Lore Master

I can always stand guard to beat down threats but thom and piper would yell at me for beating up random people without warning. I just can't win.

9. Vallend

Vallend Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I will not be able to make this Bards Night. You see I have a "Battlestar Galactica" series finale party that night that I had previously forgotten about. However maybe one of the other reporters will cover this traveling Bard's Night? After all even reporters need a night out with pizza, beer and pretty women.. Maybe it will even be a night out and a late morning coming home. lol
    I hope someone can make this fine event so I can read all about it afterwards.

10. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm just a question Piper. Can I possibly submit my story here in this forum or to you in PM? I work during the times you hold the events but I just thought I would ask,you know.

11. Thom

Thom Lore Keeper

Unfortunatly stories posted on the forums or in PMs will not be able to be judged so can't be entered into the competition. We don't know who the judges will be until the event starts since they are picked randomly from the crowd when we start.

12. Piper [PGoH]

Piper [PGoH] Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

If you have a friend who could read it for you, that would work. :3

13. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

A fine attendance, and a great crowd!

In third place was Faris with a story that met the standard. It was about "Spring".
    In second place was Greg with a story about cake, proving with certainty that cake does in fact beat pirates hands down.
    And in first place was Eban, but I could nae tell ya what 'is tale was 'boot.

Boy speaks in gibberish!
    [​IMG]

Afterward, them damned pirates got a little bit unruly, and were tossed bodily into the snow.
    [​IMG]

And don't worry, we deserved it!

14. Piper [PGoH]

Piper [PGoH] Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks to the Freehold, and to all in attendance! Since it went over so well, here's the transcript of the winning poem, written by Vlad, read by Eban: