1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Treasure Hunt Challenge...accept?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by EM Aurora, Jan 8, 2013.

?

Is the Siege community interested in the Cross Shard Treasure Hunting Competition?

Poll closed Jan 15, 2013.
  1. I would love to see Siege participate and would offer my skills in the competition

66.7%
  2. I would love Siege to participate but I will only be a spectator

22.2%
  3. I am not interested in the Treasure Hunting Competition

11.1%
  1. EM Aurora

EM Aurora Journeyman

2013 brings the continued Treasure Hunting Competition against other shards. I believe the next competition will be Izumo and Europa (date to be announced).

If there is interest in participating this year we'll need representatives from Siege to come forward with treasure hunting skills. I will have the rules outlined here and on Siege's EM site. We will also set up some discussion and practice dates to prepare as a team. I have included a poll for 7 days for your input.

I hope there is enough interest to accept the challenge in the near future!

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I look forward to seeing the rules and the mechanics of this competition. It takes place on test center?

3. EM Aurora

EM Aurora Journeyman

Yep, the competition takes place on Test Center :)

4. EM Aurora

EM Aurora Journeyman

It looks like enough participants volunteered! If we can get a list of treasure hunters and support fighters going we'll set up some practice times. It was also discussed that since Siege does not have character copy we can prepare ahead of time with suits and supplies.

Please add your name in a post below if you'd like to volunteer your skills to this challenge.
    Name:
    Skill:
    Time Zone (so we can determine good meet up times)

5. Adrianas

Adrianas Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Gilfane

We are building a team. How many are allowed on a team? Are we allowed more than one team?

I am hoping that we are allowed 4 on a team and I hope we are allowed more than one team. If so, we have Garfield, Sara, UncleSham, and Elvira. We have gone to Test and started getting our characters set up. Our guild tag on Test is STH (Siege T-Hunters). For us, our best time zone is Central. (We actually range from Eastern to Pacific!)

We have tons of questions about how the rules are set up. What are we trying to do? Dig up "x" amount of maps in a certain time frame, I presume? Or do we loot the chests and bring the goods/gold back?

I don't know if you actually know the answers to those questions at this point, but those are some that are rattling around in our heads right now.

#5 Adrianas, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  6. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

If I can and am able I wouldn´t mind being a supporting fighter for a team that needs me.

TC Name: Brutus
    Skill: Would depend on what the rules are I think.
    Timezone: CET but pretty flexible.

#6 Tjalle, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  7. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'd be glad to join up and work with the other Siegers. I can even x-fer my suits from Great Lakes over and imbue supplys so people can make suits on TC.
    I'll probably take my tamer.

Name: Collioni
    Skill: Anything - I got fully trained pets as well
    Timezone: EST

8. EM Aurora

EM Aurora Journeyman

Working on the structure and rules for this, then will assign a calendar date for hopefully March to accept a challenge, depending on other shards participating.