1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Treasure Hunter Template Questions

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Calla Lily, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Calla Lily

Calla Lily Guest

I've completely messed up my treasure hunter's template, and I can't figure out where I want to go from here. In the beginning, I had her with GM fencing/anat/tactics with enough magery to recall. And of course GM cart, and I'm still working on her lockpicking.

Then for some reason, I decided to switch her to a t-hunter/bard, and GM'd music and was working on provocation (when I probably should have been working peace instead) Anyway, she's all messed up, and I haven't even played her in years. I would like to get her back on track.

Here are her current skills:

83.0 Anatomy
    100 Cartography
    43.6 Fencing
    49.6 Focus (I have no idea why, and it's set to go down anyway)
    36.1 Healing
    89.2 Lockpicking
    51.9 Magery
    49.0 Meditation
    93.4 Musicianship
    31.1 Provocation
    50.9 Resisting Spells
    42.2 Tactics

Please help me rebuild her. Magery, fencing or bard? What works best for treasure hunting mid-level chests? What about resist?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :D

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

These two are must-haves, though conceivably you could swap them out as needed (I personally prefer my guild members to keep both on, but it's your character).

Cartography
    Lockpicking

IF you aren't going to do anything tougher than a level 5, I suggest one of the two possibilities.

Fencer: Fencing, Anatomy, Healing, Tactics, Chivalry (use mana regen & leech items). If you use the "skill swap" method, consider adding Parry & Bushido to the character (supplemented by jewelry)

or
    Bard: Music, Magery, Provo, Med, Resist (cast summons, provo the spawn on each other, fight the surviving spawn with the summons & mind blast)

Resist is more important when you aren't gonna have someone breaking your para with a hit. For the Fencer version, Chiv gives you transport as well.

Here's an example requiring 2 soulstones for the skill swap, at 720 skill

Cart/LP 100
    100+ Fencing (at least 90 real)
    100 tactics (90 must be real skill for special move)
    90+ Healing (minimum for 100% bandage success)
    90+ anatomy
    80+ parry
    80+ Bushido
    80 Chivalry

One can probably bump 2-3 of these skills to GM with equipment (and raise fencing higher as well).

If one wanted to go without Bushido, you could probably keep the rest of the template, and keep both Cart & LP on full time (lowering chiv, healing, and/or parry by a combined 20 points, then making it up with equipment). In fact, change the fencing to swords, and the bushido-less version (with both cart & LP on the character full time) would be my personal template on Gamlin, as I have 793 skill points, with equipment (I lucked into a +20 chivalry, +19 swords, +19 tactics jewelry set years ago).

It would definitely be more fun than watching creatures beat each other up at your command.

3. Salty Pete

Salty Pete Guest

My Treasure hunter is a bard/mage.

GM cart
    GM lock picking
    GM music
    GM peace
    GM provo
    GM magery
    GM med (set to go down as I add more music/peace/provo)

My tactics are pretty much this: Area peace - cast summons and provoke while reaping the rewards.

4. Dem0nic

Dem0nic Guest

This is the one I have used forever...

118.3 provo - moving up still
    115.1 peace - moving up
    115 music - locked until i can find a 120 music scroll
    105 magery - moving up
    100 carto
    100 lp
    rest in med