1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cartography] Treasure Hunting on Siege Perilous

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by degamra, Oct 21, 2008.

1. degamra

degamra Guest

If there is a sticky/article I missed somewhere, please let me know, but I can't find anything about all of this.

I was interested in making a Tamer T-Hunter on Siege but I've read on Stratics that you MUST have Remove Trap/Detect Hidden on Siege, no exceptions. Is this still true?

Do Cartography and Lockpicking have any uses above 100?

Am I basically looking at:
    100 Cartography
    100 Lockpicking
    100 Animal Taming
    100 Animal Lore
    100 Magery
    100 Remove Trap
    100 Detect Hidden

2. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 19, 2008
    You do not have to have remove/detect on Siege. I dont' have it. I have a fire suit and a rune to shrine. Firesuit works most of the time. I pick the lock, open the gate, then open the chest with my fire suit on. If I die, I pop through the gate, res, and then back through and get my stuff. Works fine.

You can't take Cart and LP above 100. In fact, I stone Cart on and off as needed. My template uses barding instead of taming, but it should be fine for you. You might consider hiding/stealth instead of detect/remove, but that's up to you. Or higher taming/lore or jewelry it up so you can have greater dragon to deal with the spawns.
  3. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 9, 2007
  4. Deg, Don't waste your time with detect or remove trap unless you plan on becoming a faction treasure hunter.
    When I started Siege, I thought the same, so I trained a "True" treasure hunter. *check out the templates thread*

Carto and Lockpicking cap at 100.

You may want to substitute Remove trap and Detect for hide and stealth, it is extremely helpful on the islands.

Hope this is helpful, and Welcome to Siege!