1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

treasure hunting temp questions

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by silmwarensurion, Oct 28, 2011.

1. silmwarensurion

silmwarensurion Journeyman

Trying to construct a treasure hunter. But im so irritated by the mining aspect of t hunting. Does that mean that i have to put mining and blacksmithing on a treasure hunter? Since mining and blacksmith are tied together; as far as the ability of using colored ingots when crafting.

What is a typical t-hunting temp?

What do you think of this?
    mining
    blacksmith
    cartography
    music
    peace
    provoke
    disco

or this

mining
    smithing
    cart
    tame
    lore
    vet
    low music and peace-for area peace when monsters pop

2. thesplatter

thesplatter Guest

i would go with the second temp. how you will kill the last monster with temp 1?

3. silmwarensurion

silmwarensurion Journeyman

ah very wise... did not consider that lol...

4. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I would not use blacksmith, u need the skill points u can get. And - magery is a must to hide when chest spawns, or u will die every time.

5. JasmineSP

JasmineSP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Umm... you can't even heal yourself with those temps. I tell every "young" treasure hunter to find a way to stay alive before they worry about soloing a level 6 chest. Here on Siege that means the ability to heal, hide and cast gate, maybe you can get by with just healing, but I'd start there.

My temp...

120 taming
    120 lore
    120 vet
    120 magery
    100 hiding
    Flex spot (carto/mining/pick)
    left over... med

It might sound like a pain, but on a one char shard I use a couple of soulstones for the carto/mining/pick.

Oks, so use carto to decode every map you have.

Switch carto for mining... go out and find each chest... mark a rune one tile north of the chest. (make sure you run away before the chest is dug up... but after the location is revealed).

Switch to lockpicking... gate to the chest location... at 0 mining you need to be within one tile of the chest, but you already are.. it's one tile south.

Don't mark your rune on top of the chest in case you die and need to gate back in.

6. JasmineSP

JasmineSP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Almost forgot, use gate travel instead of recall. Recall is fine if you know what's waiting for you there, on the other side.. like a bank inside of a guard zone.

In the wilderness, use gate and if it's bad on the other side go back. Hiding and gate travel have saved my ass at least 1000 times.