1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Treasury Money

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Duncan McDermott, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Duncan McDermott

Duncan McDermott Seasoned Veteran

I have citizens in a few of the main towns. I wondered what the treasury money is used for if anything?

2. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

Only trade deals.

Duncan McDermott likes this.
  3. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

It would be really great if we could use that money to hire the old faction vendors as well.

Perhaps give us governor's the ability to change prices on them. Make it so a portion of purchases made from them go to the town treasury.

4. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It just pays for the buff agreement, as I understand it. Which is kinda silly. Wish we could use it for prize money or some kind of award for contests and games in the town. That would generate interest in the towns, and give us a reason to keep building the coffers. As it is now, it's just bleah.

5. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

At least it is better than it was. Now with the trade quests you can keep a trade deal going on the smaller shards with a small number of players using a specific town's trade deal.

6. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Someone would find away to abuse that :(

7. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Lol yea cause we wouldn't get losers farming governorships for gold
    or items??? Talk about the worse idea ever...lol

I think the gold should be used as a scoring system to allow governors to deco towns to their liking.....similar to the way zoo points get the zoo new animals. You want a trash can at your bank....that is x points...you want a ressurection ankh that is x+2 points...etc

8. Duncan McDermott

Was that how it was before? I remember going to faction towns to get better prices on some items. I didn't know who specifically who set those prices.

9. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just FYI Duncan, Governors Trade Buff Deal is 2 Million GP per week paid from that stone/treasury or if there's not enough in the treasury, the Governor has to make up the rest. A lot of us Governors have to dig into our own pockets to cover the cost, even with the Trade Order runs. Definitely not a treasury grower unless you've got a busy trade dealing town or a wonderful benefactor who contributes. Most people who use the trade buffs just run in, get their buff, recall out without even thinking of dropping a few gold coins.

10. Duncan McDermott

Never knew it was that costly. Glad I am still doing daily trader quests to help out Vesper. You could end up in the poor house being Governor for too long. So if the number of players getting that daily buff was reduced the budget amount would also be reduced? I'll stop taking mine for a while then to help out even more.

11. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

It's a flat 2 mil regardless of how many use it. A governor can do a trade deal and even if no one uses it at all, it still would have cost 2 mil. A governor chooses which trade deal and then the gold is deducted from the treasury.

12. Duncan McDermott

That sounds like it is a bit unfair to the Gov's.

13. Thom

Thom Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

That's why the taxes were removed and trade deals put in. The treasury also gets the gold from banners and I think titles now. I haven't had to pay for the buff since trade orders were implemented. About the only cost for any of the governors I know is events. Which is how it should be.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

14. Duncan McDermott

So you getting to be a Phat Cat then? lol

15. Thom

Thom Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I wish. I blow through my gold so fast it's not even funny funding events. But to be fair it's what I enjoy doing and I would be doing just as many events even if I wasn't a governor anymore.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

16. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

It is pretty spendy and for the first long while the ONLY gold on the stone was put there either by the Governors or by Citizens. Which I can tell you right now does NOT happen often. I know on GL's we did a number of fundraisers to get the gold to cover the Trade Deals (ie buffs) that people wanted. We did Auctions and held events... much of the prizes and expenses for those come straight from our pockets. Anymore it's nearly impossible to put on an event folk will come to unless you are giving away nearly 100 million in prizes. Which to me is very sad. Years ago I recall folk would come just to tell stories at a Tavern... I recall the Tales and Ales on GL's was always full... Even the Royal Oaks of Newcastle was always full of folk RPer's and many others would gather there... but anymore no one comes to things like that sadly. I recall many Poetry contests, Story readings and such that would be full of folk. But no more.

I agree with many others that the Governors ought to be able to use the gold to do things for the cities... but that comes right down to the DEV's either giving the Governors power to do these things or allowing the EM's to do them. Because there is NO WAY they would allow the Governors the power to control their cities.

Anytime I've suggested being able to decorate or lock down things in the city like creating a park... putting in tables and such to host a wine tasting event or something it has been nixed.

As someone that has been a Governor since day one I'll tell you that it honestly isn't what I ever thought it would be. You can't really do anything for your city. Any proposal first off has to be RP in nature which to me is fine... it has to be submitted to the "King" who in turn behind the scenes talks to Mesanna who either approves or disapproves whatever the request is... and 99.9% of the time it is NOT approved. I wanted to add beauty and function to the city... to build it's use... to make folk appreciate and enjoy and love the city as much as I do. I'm glad I did finally get one of my goals for Yew... and the city finally has the Dock it always should have had. For that I'm most grateful. I am still attempting to get a functional Ankh so those who use Chivalry to bring Justice to the lands might be able to do so at the Abbey in Yew. Since we already have an Ankh there one would think it would be fairly easy to update it and allow Tithing there. I still want a bridge, teleporter or ferry to the Yew Far Farm across the bay so that Patrols can more easily respond there when needed. But that hasn't happened.

Getting something permanent is well.... darn near impossible. Getting something even temporary is well... a bunch of work and planning. But things have improved. We now have a stable in Vesper, a Dock in Yew and Minoc and gold doesn't always have to come from my own pocket as long as folk continue to do the Trades to other cities. Lets not forget that even if they don't start from your city if they come to your city you do get something. But to save money I even run trade missions all the time myself. At least 6 runs a week... just to keep gold in the coffers for the Trade Deal.

But if you say you want to add deco to the world there are always just as many folk who get bitchy about that because they think that 2 plants and a bench placed here or there are going to cause "lag"... on the server. Or they will decide it's "ugly"... or whatever. So the chances that we'd ever get to do anything of that nature are nil. Can't even decorate your city for the Holiday's. Which to me is a shame. What I wouldn't give to be able to decorate for the Holidays and hold a sort of contest between the cities and Governors of who had the most festive or beautiful city. I think things like that would be fun. And would bring other players into the cities to at least have a look... But that's me.

17. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

If a faction owned a town, The Commanding Lord of the faction could appoint a Finance Minister. The FM could place vendors (boards, iron, bottles, reagent) and also set prices. The prices were, IIRC, were chosen from a list of percentages based on normal pricing. When prices were set high, towns would gain silver. When prices were low, they did not gain.