1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Tree Bleed thru :(

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Deb, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Deb

Deb Guest

I was wondering if there was a fix on the horizon for the Trees i.e Christmas trees?
    They bleed thru the floors below them. Or is there one out there? Sure put a damper in my forest plans.
    Sarsmi and all you other deco queens/kings here, have you found a work around on this?
  2. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 25, 2001
    I haven't messed with it, probably what I would try to do is place a tree really high up (like stand on a castle ladder and plop a goza down then put a tree on the goza then axe the goza). So the tree would have the illusion of being in the right spot (would have to place the ladder quite a bit southeast of where you want the tree to be) and hopefully it would be high up enough there wouldn't been that bleed thru shadow. Otherwise you just have to plan things so the shadow falls somewhere where it doesn't matter, or put a second tree in that same spot on the lower floor etc (or other big deco).
  3. Deb

Deb Guest

What I ended up doing was place trees around the outer edge of the
    roof so that the bleed thru was actually out in the grass..will be nasty for
    any one that places next to me though.
  4. Endrik

Endrik Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Feb 20, 2007
    Ya I have tried a ton of different things, and cannot seem to find a way to prevent the bleed through. I ended up having to limit my design to only using 3 deeded trees, even though it would look sooooo much better if I could use a lot more without ruining the lower levels of my castle.

I did start a thread a while back and asked the devs if there was a way they could fix it. The devs explained what was causing the problems, and a few other players and I made some suggestions as to how this could be fixed. I think the devs were looking at a fix, but may have just gotten caught up working on other projects. There has still been no fix implemented.

The entire thread can be found here... http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=123966

So it looks like they were looking at this and had a few ideas on how to fix it, but never got around to it.
  5. Deb

Deb Guest

Hmmm, maybe once the holiday events are over and things settle down
    maybe they will look into it. I won't bug them again till next month. :)