1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Trees, water and grass on the 2D and EC are out-dated..

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Velvathos, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Velvathos

Velvathos Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

This is the landscape we deserve to have..

[​IMG]

Sauteed Onion and Andrasta like this.
  2. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Actually I liked the landscape of 3rd dawn. The grass and trees moved. Looked better too. Otherwise both graphics for classic and EC can be greatly improved and proven by a few UI modders as to what UO is capable of.

Broadsword has said they will be working on hi res graphics, but has not released any other information.

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

ANY graphics that natively scale at 640x480 and cannot scale to higher resolutions smoothly are out of date outside of and regardless of the style used. That's why High Resolution Artwork is a priority in my opinion.

4. Endrik

Endrik Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I will not use the EC because it is so terribly ugly. I think some of the landscaping is ok in the EC, but nearly every player, NPC, monster, and animal are so awful I just cant do it. There are a lot of features I would like to use in the EC, but its just too ugly to play. Yes, the graphics in the CC are old... but I would take old over down right ugly any day.

5. Velvathos

Velvathos Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I agree completely and the problem lies with artwork! The artwork in EC is just bad and yes, it needs to be high resolution as some have stated..

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  6. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

No thanks, I like my original client graphics how they are. In fact, roll back all the crappy shoehorned in stuff and give us back stuff like colored mongbats as placeholders for imps again, thanks!

The Zog historian likes this.