1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Trial account steal money?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Pinco, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm helping a friend to make a trial account for start playing, but when we choose the payment methond the page will be refreshed and an error appears... "The page in not currently available" and for every try it will take 1€ from the credit card :-/
    Is there any solution for this problem... my friend ask if it will happen with a new account code too...

we have removed all cookies, history and we are using internet explorer (as ea support suggest to do...)

2. Mulch

Mulch Guest

I think EA tries to take the €1 to see if your account is valid and will put it back afterwards. I use a trial account at the moment and I am not getting charged anything if you remember to cancel your account in time.

For the error, maybe try using another browser or a different computer and use the link from the uo.com page maybe as it works for me.

https://account.ea.com/myacct/uo/uo-hub.jsp?skin=uo

3. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

Yes the initial withdraw is only for validation and is not taken it has been that way for a long time as far back as I can remember anyhow.

4. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

lol
    it's only a penny
    geez

5. SilentFoxXy

SilentFoxXy Guest

Several months ago I had exactly the same problem. However the 'System' tried to make 50 of these 'test runs', and my account showed -$50 for a week.... So I complained, and 3 days later-

See below:-

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Please note that whenever you edit or update any of your credit card
    information on EA.Com account, our system verifies the card for its status
    and acceptability to be used for online payments. In this process, system
    takes a charge of $1 and reverts it back in the account with in next 7-10
    business days. Please be assured that this is not an actual charge and your
    money will be credited back to your account within the specified period.

Note: If you tried to enter the credit card multiple times, then you might
    see more than one charge on your account.

If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Thank you.
    EA Online Support.

6. Sheridan

Sheridan Guest

1€ is not 1 penny... That's the symbol for the Euro. I think it's a little over $1.50 USD per Euro right now.

7. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

mmm I have tried again in another computer, but it seems not work... and we have lost about 20 euro ... maybe there are some problem in the server :(

8. Mulch

Mulch Guest

If they really subtract the cash just write your credit card company and tell them to call back that charges.