1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Lumberjacking] Trick to turning Logs into Boards?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Endrik, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Endrik

Endrik Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I have UO Assist, and have found a few places that say you can make a macro for this, but man I just dont understand UO Assist. I have never been able to make a macro that actually does something worth doing.

So here is my problem... I have over 100k logs I got from multiple IDOCs over the past few years and now want to turn them into boards. Is there an easy way to do this? Or am I going to have to spend a few days converting them in groups of 200 all by hand because of the weight limit? Thanks for any advice you guys can give me.

2. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I think you are going to have to do it by hand mate. Remember to wear as much strength junk as you can so you can pick up more at a time.

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

well, you can make it closer to 225 at a time if you clear EVERYTHING out of your pack.

4. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

To turn lots of logs into boards:

1. set a uo macro for last object then last target
    2. have axe in pack, doublelcick axe target wood on ground, get error message
    3. pick up logs, hold in hand, laugh at fact you are rediculously overweight
    4. hit macro, watch boards fall in your pack.
    5. either BoS the boards to the bank or toss in a chest
    6. pour scotch and go watch a movie, thus using the two hours you would have spent doing it the long way in a more enjoyable manner.

For those who want to cry exploit, I have done this with leather and a GM watching and they were impressed, but not mad at me.

5. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Shamus thank you, you just saved me about 6 hours of play time.

6. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Do you need UO Assist for this?

7. No sounds like a normal macro in UO

8. Dang that really works, I chopped like 60k logs in seconds!!!

9. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

TIP OF THE YEAR

I had heard rumors of this but didn't know how to do it. Just converted 240k of logs in 2 min. NICE!
    :danceb:

10. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah this trick is awesome, works for anything you need to cut up. I did get in trouble here before for recommending it...but hey, whatever. :p

11. Endrik

Endrik Sage
    Stratics Veteran

AMAZING!!! Thank you sooo much, that just saved me hours! Probably the most useful tip I have seen in the last 5 years!

12. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Works beautifully, did exactly as listed, only made one small change. I've substituted beer for scotch. One works just as well as the other.