1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Trouble gaining the desired stats.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Victoria Navarre, Jun 9, 2010.

1. This week I have dusted off a half-finished archer. My stats are 85 str,83 dex,and 30 int(255 stat max). I have been farming ogres and ogre lords for skill/stat gains,but I have been having trouble gaining the desired dex. I have my str and int locked so it will raise the dex by default. It has not helped. My dex hasn't gained any points at all for three days. Is it a glitch or is that how it works now?

2. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Your maximum stat gain on a new character is 225. After a certain amount of time (6 months)you get a boost of 5 points to 230. So unless you have used one of the stat increase scrolls you are capped there. so check that out(stat jewels count toward your total too). You may have to turn one of your stats down in order to gain in another stat.

3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Are your skills all maxed out?

If they are you need to turn something that is "max" up to gain even though you can't..... Like say your tactics is capped at GM ..... and you haven't had a 110 scroll or anything turn that one up to "gain" even though you are at your max... and you should gain the Dex you need.

4. My account is 10 years old. I have the 5 points after 6 months and I have also used a +25 stat scroll.

5. The only skills that I have maxed so far is mystic and focus(100 points each). The other skills are mid-80's to mid 90's. I'll give that a try thanks

6. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

Interesting ... Archery is a DEX gain as primary stat. Make sure it is set to gain ... even if you are capped in the skill. Lock anything else you do not want to go down (just in case).

See if that helps at all.

7. Odd...after logging back on and spamming "holy light" I gained 0.4 chivalry and 3 dex points. Spam chivalry spells for dex? haha

8. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

point dex up and strum on a lute, dex will fly up. Oh and point music up too.

9. Derium of ls

Derium of ls Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I think then you can turn music down and gain arms lore is it? that's Str and Dex... I think

10. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

skills and stats are different things. check your stats( ie dex, int, str) points and see if they add up to 255. also check to see if you have stat increase jewelry on your characters as this will add to your stat points. if you are over 255 then you can't gain anymore points.

11. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I remember reading a link somewhere years ago on how to best gain stats, one i do remember is lumberjack is the fastest way to gain strength.

Maybe someone else has the stratics link or remembers the information?

Thunderz

12. Coppelia

Coppelia Guest

Arms Lore is Int and Str.

13. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

Players Corner FAQ has a list of skills and stats they affect. That what you be needing?

14. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You mentioned your focus is GM. If you have that turned it, it's likely you're getting dex gains from your focus.

15. Divie

Divie Guest

http://www.uoguide.com/Stats
    this page will show which skills have which stats as primary and secondary and explain how gaining in them works!