1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Trouble with maps

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Bob_the_fart_guy, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Bob_the_fart_guy

Bob_the_fart_guy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I never tried it before... so, I wanted to give it a shot. I tried to "plot a course" on a map, and drop it on my tiller man's head. But, he wont' recognize it, or follow it. All he says is: "Map!" and it pops back in my backpack. Am I doing something wrong? Or has this feature never worked?

2. Krinkle

Krinkle Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It works, but its a very tricky system. If you plot a course that is too far away, and there is a landmass between you and your course, it has a hard time getting you to your location. After the Tillerman reads the map, it is supposed to pop back to your pack. Try plotting a short course and see if that works better.

3. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

4. Bob_the_fart_guy

Bob_the_fart_guy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oh wow! wait.. let me preface what I'm about to say with: Ultima Online has a lot...LOT of content. Like... a WHOLE LOT of content. I doubt there is anyone that knows " e v e r y t h i n g" there is to know about Ultima Online. I sometimes imagine someone who decides to start playing UO for the first time, and asks, "ok, tell me everything about Ultima Online" ......that would not be an easy answer. There is way to much material. I've been playing for 5 years now and still, there are times where I learn something new. Something I may have just overlooked, or just haven't heard about. Maybe this link is a small sample?

Mind you... I'm NOT even talking about the Stygian Abyss expansion. So, I'm not embarrassed to say that I didn't know how to use the map option with the boats properly until I read Gildar's response. The simple command: "Start" has made me so, so, so happy. Thank you! I only wish that I had known this years ago. But, I'm excited. ^.^ And sadly it's just before EA has decided to upgrade the whole boat experience. I'm still happy none-the-less.