1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Troubles With Stratics

Discussion in 'UHall' started by uoBuoY, Sep 20, 2010.

1. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

I have 10 minutes of normal operation then a 10 minutes where it takes up to 2 minutes to open a new window. When this happens I switch over UO Forums which runs as intended. Switch back to Stratics and it won't even load.

Only happens with Stratics so I don't think it's my hardware or software. Had this happen a couple of years ago. I'm using Firefox.

Anyone else have this issue or an idea how to fix it.

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I use Firefox and rarely ever have an issue on any site. Do you use the "Adblock" add-on? Most likely it's one of the flash-ads causing the issue.

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Like Tazar said I use firefox also and block the adds and no problem

4. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Its not the ads, it is Stratics setup, but it will be different for every person how it affects them. Some nothing, others a lot.

5. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Use Firefox & it's been a pain in the @%$$ the last 24 to 48 hrs. Taking forever to ever get to Stratics & then takes forever to get to Posts & a different Forum.

6. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Exactly my problem! And only with Stratics.

I don't use adblocker either.

7. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I've experienced unusual slowness exclusively on Stratics over the past day or two, as well. Actually, it's happening right now. I am using Chrome. I have also experienced this on two different networks: one at work, one at home.

8. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

Over the last day it's been sporadic at work ... Firefox with Adblocker. I'm on 6 12s for another couple weeks so am not really wanting to do anything at home but sleep!

9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Anyone getting a "400" error? One of the other mods just contacted me via facebook, stating they couldn't get on because of a "400 error"

10. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I've been using Google Chrome and the past few days it has been very slow. I was speaking with Petra the other day and she also said it was slow. :(

11. Lord Chaos

Stratics Veteran

That happens sometimes when you reply to a post as well. I know why its happening, but thats for George.

12. George

George Guest

Please enlighten me, LC.

13. Lord Chaos

Stratics Veteran

Ok, after skype chat, I can see that I was misinformed about the situation by 3rd party. Thats fine. It only means that the reasons for the errors is something different, not that they aren't there.

14. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

For what it's worth, I am testing IE9 from the house, and it appears to be quite fast. I have noticed none of the slowness others are reporting. Not to say it isn't there, just that maybe I'm lucky ;)

15. Lord Chaos

Stratics Veteran

Its on and off. Just a little while ago it was really really slow, then it became fast again.

16. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

The hamster must not have had his coffee yet.

17. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I have an amendment to my above post. I did experience a slowdown, but it was not inside the UO section of Stratics. Only when I navigate from UOSS to an outside forum of Stratics will it take about 15-25 seconds to load the page.

18. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I have a similar experience, When I first hit the forums it's slow, But once that first page loads the rest seem to be fine.

19. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

OP here

When Stratics slows way down on Firefox, I switched to IE9 with the exact same results.

20. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I use Seamonkey (mozilla engine). Works pretty normal (quickly) for me, & has been for weeks

21. ChReuter

ChReuter Guest

I also have noticed a problem when browsing the post here that does not happen at any other forum i visit. Here if a thread has a screenshot in it, than the thread will be extremely slow to scroll up and down in. As I said, it only seems to happen here, but it must be said that I only visit a very low number of forums nowadays. Now I'm a slight imbecile when it comes to computers (Some will even argue that it goes further than PC's!). I'm just above the Gramps whose knowledge of computers ends with extremely bulky calculators (Not scientific ones either... I suck on those too!) and photos of rooms filled to the brim with big cabinet like metal devices with a lot of blinking lights.

Seriously though, is this an issue with stratics? The internet and where I'm located? Or is it more than likely just my computer? Don't I have to clean up certain folders now and then? If so, than knowing the tricks to get my PC running smoother would be greatly appreacted.

Thanks a TON! (And that's a big British "long" ton... not your sissy American "short" ton, or even the still girlish metric ton)

Love
    Charles Reuter

22. Lord Chaos

Stratics Veteran

Its unlikely to be your fault if other forums work fine.

Another oddity, is that when there's attached screenshots and you click on them to make them larger, they become smaller...annoying.

23. ChReuter

ChReuter Guest

Heh, just prior to checking this thread to see if any answers might have been presented, I was thinking about this exact issue of screen shots becoming smaller!