1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Truly a sad day...

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Adeka, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Adeka

Adeka Sage

I woke up and logged on this morning only to notice something was off about my museum.
    One of the holiday gift boxes I have on display was gone. Last night I was moving things around but I don't recall unlocking or attempting to move it. But it's gone.

And now there is one less Candle Blessed by Love quest set in Sosaria.

All gone.png

I mourn it's loss. :sad2::oops::sad3::frown2:

2. Kolka

Kolka Babbling Loonie
    Professional Campaign Patron

Check the moving crate?

3. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

At least it wasn't the candles! I've done that before myself and I kick myself each time.

4. ivester77

ivester77 567457598 [UWF]
    UWF

i am so sorry i recently had 2 major items stolen from me becouse i didnt understand about people hiding i was so pissed mad i even accoused close friends of stealing it also took steam out on emails to broadsword and stratic moderators i can feel your pain becouse these things mean alot to us you have to be a uo rares collector to understand and vet rewards are not RARES!!!!!!! i hate that again sorry for your loss of close possessions look forward though and keep moving

5. AtlanticRealtor

AtlanticRealtor ICQ 647752375
    REALTOR

Same happened to me few weeks ago!!
    I unlock few Super Scrappers Spellbook and I used the "Secure" this item option , Instead of the I wish to "LOCK" this down option, lost 3 of them
    I reported as a bug...

6. Adeka

Adeka Sage

@Kolka I sure did. I just removed 85 square goza mats to do it too! I wonder how long those have been in there.

@Assia Penryn I am glad I didn't lose any Candles as well, but the quest set holds more value to me than the majority of single candles.

@ivester77 I didn't think about reporting a possible bug, I'll go do that now. Thank you

@UO Houses It's sad to hear about others experiencing this as well.

I am under the impression there are not many sets left out there. If anyone has a complete or partial set of these items, would you be so kind as to notify me? I would like to begin to get a rough idea on the numbers out there. Know anyone who has a set, please just let me know they have one, I don't need names.

ARRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!

S_S likes this.
  7. Alexander of ATL.

Alexander of ATL. Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
    Stratics Veteran

It is a bug. Sometimes the 'I wish to secure this' method doesn't actually work like it is suppose to. Sometimes it takes a few tries for an item to actually lock down.

I experienced this during the auction. Took me nearly 5 tries to lock down one single item.

Sorry this happened to you, Adeka.

8. Scribbles

Scribbles Babbling Loonie
    Professional Alumni

Sad.

Here is what i do after I secure something of extreme value.

1. Immediately try to pick it up.
    2. Use House tool to raise or lower it.
    3. single click it see if i get retrieve option.

I have never lost anything using this method, It provides several checks to the game to make sure the lock down is functioning on all levels.

Sorry @Adeka :frown2:

9. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

What items are needed for a complete set?

10. Thor VII

Thor VII Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry :(

11. Adeka

Adeka Sage

I really want to use some seriously inappropriate language right now!! While looking for the box thinking it possibly fell underneath the counter piece it was resting on, I moved the counter piece and then secured it. THAT PIECE IS GONE NOW TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WTF!!WTF!!WTF!!

Can someone point me in the direction of the nearest wall to bang my head into?! And also the proper place to report this.
    Will I be able to get these items back, or are they gone forever?

Thank you all for the kind words. I do appreciate them. :)

There are 7 items in the set. They are:
    Tear of Sacrifice
    Sudiva's Covetous-Laced Tear
    Quill of Justice
    Executioner's Rusty Pen
    Heart of Compassion
    A Heart Blackened by Despise
    The Prisioner's Journal

Did I mention ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!! already??!!!

12. Lord X

Lord X Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Silly question, but you sure you didnt accidently use the Retrieve function on it, and its hiding in your backpack? (Most of my backpacks are so messy I may or may not notice a multi-colored gift box half buried in my pack)

13. Adeka

Adeka Sage

I have scoured everywhere for it, so no. I even looked on your house, and his house, and her house... (not really though)

14. Lord Arm

Lord Arm Seasoned Veteran

has anyone lost stuff in bank and on chars? I sent stuff to another shard stored on chars but now empty except the gift stuff. lost alot

15. Lord Arm

has anyone lost stuff in bank and on chars? I sent stuff to another shard, stored on chars but now empty except the gift stuff. lost a lot.

16. Lord Arm

has anyone lost stuff in bank and on chars? I sent stuff to another shard, stored on chars but now empty except the gift stuff. lost a lot.

17. Fusilli Zaitsev

Fusilli Zaitsev Journeyman

No! I too am trying to collect and preserve this set, though my collection is incomplete. I have: 2x Tear of Sacrifice, Blackened Heart, Heart of Compassion, Quill of Justice.

Adeka likes this.
  18. Double Blessed

Double Blessed Seasoned Veteran

I have had a couple items vanish from my backpack in my UO career. I feel your pain. Sometimes there is no answer :(

19. Kolka

Kolka Babbling Loonie
    Professional Campaign Patron

I have a complete set as well as an extra Prisoner's Journal and a bazillion extra Heart Blackened by Despise.

Adeka likes this.
  20. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

I looked through my chests. I found a quill of justice. You can have it if you'd like to start your collection over.

Adeka likes this.
  21. Jillene

Jillene Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have 2 full sets plus extra Executioner`s Rusty Pen, Quill Of Justice, Sudiva`s Covetous Laced Tear, Heart Blackened By Despise and Prisoner`s Journal.

Adeka likes this.
  22. Adeka

Adeka Sage

@Jillene I need the Prisoner's Journal to complete the third, now second set I have. I would really love to get it from you!

@Assia Penryn Yes please! :D

@Kolka HAHA! Me too. I have 4 or 5 Blackened hearts! The Journal is the hard one to come by, in my experience. Nice little piece to have!

@Fusilli Zaitsev Looks as if the little thread might help us all complete out sets!

Thank you all for chiming in with this information, I greatly appreciate it! If anyone reading this wants to part with any of the pieces needed to assemble the quest item set, please PM or Q me! :grouphug:

I lost my slime dyed collection in the counter piece that 'dispersed' earlier, which also makes me very sadface. At least with that, I know I can rebuild it. I also reported the incident and expect it to be solved sometime in the next 300 years... :lol: :hula:

23. Assia Penryn

Stratics Veteran Alumni

@Adeka Sure ICQ me. 465-972-004
    I'll be on for a little while longer. If not I'll be online on and off throughout tomorrow

24. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Sorry my old Friend.

I have had items in fact an entire wing of my castle delete including vendors and their items do to a house being placed or idoc'd next door.

Seriously frustrating.

In the end we are all smart enough to know how to replace our losses so while it sucks for sure. I am confident you will get things all squared back away in the end.

Adeka likes this.
  25. Adeka

Adeka Sage

@Lord Nabin Thank you, you're right. But it's the initial shock of the loss that certainly got me all upset.

@Assia Penryn Thank you Lady! One down and 6 more to go! ;)

Assia Penryn likes this.
  26. Jillene

Jillene Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have 2 extra journals but they are on Great Lakes, so 2 people are welcome to get them free

27. Jillene

Jillene Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Adeka if you would like a journal I will save one for you, just give a shout my icq# is 10823931

Adeka likes this.
  28. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I will buy you new onesssssssssssssssssss how much do it cost yo

Adeka likes this.
  29. Adeka

Adeka Sage

Sold!! I'm there, er I mean here! :)

30. Adeka

Adeka Sage

@Flutter Aww thanks G. Straight thuggin gots you all full uh papah?? Word.

Edit for *Gang Sign*

#30 Adeka, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  31. Peil

Peil Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

All I can say is, "元気出して!". (It means "Cheer up!")

32. Adeka

Adeka Sage

@Peil OMG! That is such a sweet picture of me, thank you so much! I loved waking up to it! Maybe I could use it in my signature, if you don't mind? What a kind gesture. It certainly made me smile first thing, and I haven't even had my coffee yet!
    *Hugs*

Flutter likes this.
  33. Peil

Peil Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

@Adeka
    I'm very glad to see your smile even if you had an accident.
    Of course, please feel free to use this picture. It's my pleasure, too.
    Have a good & delicious coffee, mate. And I'll go to bed, night ! (^_-☆ *wink*

Assia Penryn likes this.
  34. Longtooths

Longtooths Supreme Commander
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend LTC

If it is any consolation, I have been there also. Got back from a cross shard shopping 2bil shopping spree, put the boxes down in house logged for the night. Next morning, I r stoopid. (and that's just ONE of my stories)

35. Riply

Riply Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

One thing when you have a loss like this is that the rares community is a great group of players. Although it hurts to loss some precious items in the game, most can be replaced over time. But out of the bad situations that occur some really nice things can happen, such as making new friends in the game that are willing to help you replace what was lost. That to me is the best part of the game is the players, I just wish we had more of a player base.
    Just a quick comment about losing things, I once lost around 30,000 gp an almost quit the game. You go huh? 30k is nothing but it took me over a month to acquire that gold back then which was in late 1997 early 1998. I was saving to buy a house deed and was making bows etc and selling to the npc's for gold and back then there was no trammel. I was getting close to buying the deed I wanted and then poof all the gold was gone one day. I had to start all over again and the housing spots were going fast, I had to settle for a small house deed and was lucky to find a spot. Ahh how have things changed now with so many shards and so much space for houses. But for some reason I still miss those first couple of years of playing UO, enough rambling LOL.
    I hope you recover all that is missing from your collection, I'll take a look and see if I have anything that you need.

36. Blue Fly

Blue Fly Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

@Adeka

Did you look under the table Adeka? I have had rares fall under tables and stuff only to find them when I remove it or axe it.

I would like to donate 50m to help you replace your lost items. hit me up on icq.