1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Magery] Trying to develop a pure focused mage for pvp

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by s_snowflake, Feb 28, 2014.

1. s_snowflake

s_snowflake Visitor

I have little pvp experience, but wanted to work on a focused mage template. I know that stuff on the web talks about using small spells to disrupt others, then big combo spells like expl-expl-flame. I run EC with Pinco's but that's it. Some other sites seem to push cheats, but that's not me. I think I should be able to do everything I need with just Pinc.

I looked around on Stratics and didn't find a lot of info on strategy or what works best. Any thoughts? This mage will has inscription.

Oh, and I'm thinking about taking this toon to Siege, but I didn't want to post over there til I heard what others had to say.

2. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Everyone finds there own groove. Your first strategy is to set up good macros. Roll your combos set to close keys where you are not all over the keyboard wasting valuable time. If I remember right, on Siege you cannot insure anything. Not sure on the Bless deeds. Siege people should guide you in this..

One thing I did (and not sure if the case still works or not) but I would work my casting techniques on Lich Lords with no slayer. They speed casted.

3. s_snowflake

s_snowflake Visitor

Yeah, I'm still trying to get macros set. Engaging Lich Lords sounds like a great idea. Thx!

4. Murdok

Murdok Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just an fyi if you were not aware.. you can not transfer to or from Siege.

With that being said you get one item to "Siege Bless" everything else is lootable up on your death.
    Siege is not for a "new" player as it can be quite harsh! If you are dead set in trying it out I would strongly suggest joining the new / new2 guild. That will give you a month of protection to decide if this ruleset is for you or not. Most players there will not attack anyone in that guild (tho there are some that do) unless you are the aggressor.

5. s_snowflake

s_snowflake Visitor

I was on Siege a long time ago. Was even in that new guild. But a lot has changed since then. Thx.