1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Trying to do everything - tips of what to do?

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Xzile98, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Xzile98

Xzile98 Guest

Hi guys, logged in again last week after about 4 years of no -playing. After spending all the gold I hoarded for years, I am ready to try out the game in a different way to how i used to play.

I have decided to visit each and every area possible of UO. My old time in game was much too focused on either stressful PvP or waiting around. This time I have decided to try and 'beat' every dungeon /champ/spawn in game to see what's going on with this side of things. I would prefer to complete the dungeons in Fel for tht added extra fun.

I was going to start out with the early dungeons - shame/deceit/despise and then move on.

What I would like all of you guys to help with is where to go - I really want to enjoy the game in a balanced way now and want to see as much as possible.

So, where would people recommend going? Any particular order? Anything I just have to see/kill etc. Also, any suggestions for what sort of character would be best for this? Have pretty much everythign trained or soulstoned..

Cheers

2. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Definately try to get groups for the Peerless bosses. They are fun and most of them actually do put up a fight and most drop good loot also (if you are lucky).

Else I find the idea of crawling thru the regular dungeons like a great idea.

3. Xzile98

Xzile98 Guest

Yup - love the idea of going to the BK room in deceit - remember when everyone used to train there in the wall?

Also, those pesky liche lords with silver serps

I havn't done the peerless bosses so that's definitely on the list.

One thing I am maybe considering is making a new character and doing it like that - only training skills through dungeons, mainly using noobie stuff to start and loot drops from then on. would be much more difficult than just taking my finished toons in. Would also be a real build up to the harder places.

I am so looking forward to it!

4. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Explore the Lost Lands and Ilshenar :) Some amazing places you can stumble across.

5. Crest Lavender

Crest Lavender Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Well - i dont really like training, so most of my chars have their skills due to
    normal in game activities - wich indeed is nice fun.

One of my fav. Places to go is Covetous (Trammel for a start, then move to
    Felucca if you like ;)) - Lost Lands are a bit annoying at times because of
    the landscape blocking you imho - ilshenar is great though - but i only go
    there with my bit more experienced charakters ;)

I dont know if there are some Vendors selling normal (GM)-Armour and Weapons
    at a reasonable price, wich then should be much less then the insurance you
    may loose for a death or even multiple ones.

If you don't find those i will be glad to equip you with such items ;)

I also still go hunting at normal places out of dungeons in trammel, like cemetaries
    or the Lich Spawn in the forrest.

Oh - and another thing wich is fun even at a start is Treasure-Hunting :)

you dont sound like someone who would enjoy crafting much, otherwise i would
    also sugest to try out the crafting systems incl. plants, staining, ... - these are
    still my fav. waste of time :D

6. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Only one thing seems worth doing after recent Events......

The EM Event item drops are selling for 250m each.....Jeee

So just make sure u spens all your free UO time doing the EM events and hope ya get lucky and instant riches for little work but luck!!

I was a ''Idocer'' ...I would have said try that too ....it can be good gold but takes ages and ages of time... So sod that...im a ''Eventor'' from now....

7. Angel121

Angel121 Guest

heh, It's this reason I'm not EM'ing at the moment...

I've a dislike for Idea the only reason to join an EM event is to scramble around like some sort of Gollum going "lewtz muuuust be miine..."

I saw it the other day when instead of being happy someone got a drop some people started demanding they deserve the item more because although they did not earn looting rights they had been watching for the mob's a lot longer...

Not much better than people that refuse to work because they think they deserve benefit's or asylum seekers that won't stop in france and endanger people's live's getting into Britain.

8. Crest Lavender

Crest Lavender Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Hey hey hey Angel - i can understand that you might be upset about
    the post - but i think you really should reconsidder your comments, esp.
    the last paragraph and edit or delete it.

Firstly i completely disagree with the content and the way it is put, and
    secondly this is really not the place for 'stuff' like that!

And besides that i also think that THPs post was critisising the same
    issues that you are disliking - just from another perspective ;)

Maybe you could both edit your posts a bit to rescue a good thread
    from going downhill or beeing deleted/closed!

Love and Peace

9. Xzile98

Xzile98 Guest

HI guys. Thanks for the info..

Really, I am looking for fun stuff to do in game and to do as much as possible.

While making gold on the way will be important, for me, I just want to see everything!

10. cheerful

cheerful Guest

recommend the EM events as Emile and Sarakan tend to pull us all over the lands (and under them) and you dont have to be a leet looter to enjoy them.

Watch the boards for other events too, RP events that welcome us adventurers from time to time sounds in line with your 'fun first-loot second' approach.

I'll probably start up the peerless hunts again but I'm having trouble finding a regular event free evening.

Friendly new/returning guilds can be found in Haven to help you along the way also.

11. Flame (DrR)

Stratics Veteran

I would personnaly start with Despise, my first ever and much trained in Dungeon and them move onto other tam dungons revisiting them all. Over the years the devs have updated them a little and of course there is left over history to see.

I would also get to visit the events as they do get you to places you would not be able to alone and you start seeing history happen. So as you revist places in the future you will know why an item is there, for example you would now know why Tiggins grave is near oger lord island. What ever you decide to do, have fun with it and choose something you enjoy.

12. Thimblepixie

Thimblepixie Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran