1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to find the perfect ki-rin! Can it be done?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Ethereal_Corpse, Oct 9, 2009.

1. I have been killing ki-rins to find the perfect one with close to max resist and hits.

Five hours and so far this is the closest one i can find

Resistances are

65 physical

44 fire

35 cold

35 poison

27 energy

Hit Points: 204

Str 321

Dex 105

int 210

Should i keep searching because the energy is low? Or should i keep it and train it up?

Thanks ec
  2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    According to the pet power calculator, your ki-rin is a 4.1 out of a max of 5 stars (4.3 if trained and skills included).

That means that you'll be searching for a long time to find a better one.

All the same, that is pretty low energy resist. So I guess the answer depends on how much patience have or how lucky you are.
  3. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008
    Keep it and keep looking for another one. That way if you don't find a better one, you still have that one. It is better to have a really good one waiting in the wing than to have none at all.

Stayin Alive,

4. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

A 4.1 on the calc is already amazing. I'd stop if I got a 4+
  5. I have already started to train it. I wish the energy resist was a little higher. But it will do.

Since i'm on vacay for 9 days i have been looking for pets with close to perfect resist. So far i found a white wrym, nightmare, dragon,ki-rin, reptalon, dread warhorse,

Not big on the greater dragons so i probally won't look for one of those.

Traning those up then going to look for a hiryu and a few bakes.

Other then that i'm having a blast trying to tame ones that are almost perfect.

Friend gave me a purple jack rabbit, waiting for it to bond so i can train that up.