1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Trying to log in but it is not working! :(

Discussion in 'UO Legends' started by legendsguy, Apr 3, 2009.

1. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't played in about 8 months but I decided to return last night. So I downloaded the client and added 100+ ports so I could run through the patches. So I paid for another month of service and logged in..!

Sadly, now I cannot log into any of the shards except for the Test Shard, which I find rather odd. When I try to join Legends it waits a few seconds then gives me a pop-up box stating: 'Couldn't connect to Ultima Online. Please try again in a few moments'. This is immediately followed with another pop-up that reads: 'Connection lost' and then I am taken back to the log-in box.

I think this is truly odd since I can connect to the Test Shard (though I didn't see anyone else there nor could I pick anything up, if that had anything to do with it?). Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry, I'm drawing a blank as to why it wouldn't let you in :(

If you failed to patch properly, it wouldn't let you into TC1 either, so I'm tempted to rule that out.
    I doubt there are any port differences different between TC1 and production shards.

Can you ping legends.owo.com ?

3. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

i just used uo trace to ping it, and it wouldn't work. it timed out it said. thank you.

4. Lady Arwen

Lady Arwen Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

hmm thats weird.. ive been having the same problem off and on for weeks.. Sometimes I can log in fine, then other times Ill go to log in and it will just stay at "Verifying Account" forever. Then eventually it will say "'Couldn't connect to Ultima Online. Please try again in a few moments" and then as you said, Ill get a "Connection Lost" and it will take me back to the log in screen.

5. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

well, i sadly have no more ideas. i've tried everything.. well, perhaps not everything else it would be working. but i digress. i'll have to get a refund and play something else. :(

6. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Strange that you can't ping the server ... unless you have a misconfigured firewall/router (or one that is blocking traffic both ways - but if that's the case you should see the same behaviour with any game ... or an ISP that blocks pings I suppose ... come to think of it, it's not a great test in this case).

Perhaps I should have asked the question differently ... when you get to the server list after entering your userid/password, do you see a ping time beside each server name?

Do you have anything in your setup that would block you from writing to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\EA Games ? (no, that wouldn't be it - TC1 would still need to write there)

Sorry :(

7. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Good luck with that.