1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Tuesdays Patch - Garg Shafting. . .

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Essence of Siege, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Boy, if being a Garg wasn't a shafting enough...

Tuesday's patch tweaked the Stam required for Garg Flight form. Before I could get away with 20 focus [or 2 Stram Regen]. That doesn't cut it now.

Why would they make garg flight cost more stam than being mounted? [The typical 2 SR] Do they make elves carry Nightsight reags to have that racial ability?

It seems that garg's have racial abilities PLUS racial detriments, the only race in UO to have such.

I'm glad I turned back to human.

And no word on Meddable garg jewelry.

Love the expansion with the exception of the above, which is unfortunate I was looking forward to being a garg.
  2. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

May 31, 2004
    I dont understand what u mean by medable garg jewelry. i have medable garg jewelry and i play a gargoyle. And i can actively med just fine.
  3. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 13, 2007
    Aye, that is disturbing, especially since Gargs can no longer ride their Chargers of the Fallen, either invest the points, or travel slowly.

Why dont they just make flying take a control slot as if you were mounted?
  4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Dread Lord

May 12, 2008
    Garg Shafting. . . Sounds fun! *picks up crossbow* Can I play?
  5. The base earrings & necklaces for garg are not meddable unless you have the mage armor prop on them. Unless it has been changed... but I would think that would have made it into the patch notes.
  6. I have no clue, that would seem to be the easiest thing to do. A racial ability shouldn't require a mage armor prop or additional skills over what any other race requires.
  7. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 28, 2007
    Man, for a race of badass demon-looking things, you guys sure whine a lot...
  8. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 5, 2008
    It's all that shafting they are taking:).
  9. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 13, 2004
    It better that they suck now and slowly balance them over the next few months than to have everyone have to convert to GG gimp of the month to compete.
  10. I disagree.

There's nothing unbalancing about them if they would allow the earrings and necklaces you HAVE to wear to be meddable. It doesn't make any sense that there isn't single piece for a garg head or neck slot that allows meditation.

And if they're going to give a free slot for all the lack of gear, then make it so I don't have to have more than 2 focus which everyone else has for mounts. Otherwise just make it take a control slot and be done with it.

And gargs do look badass, I agree, I love the animation, but it is the shaft that makes us whine. :p