1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Turkey event, new way to grief

Discussion in 'UHall' started by jfkeach, Nov 28, 2009.

1. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

Since they turned off being able to call guards on turkeys, it is almost impossible to get a focus in Brit without having to run for your lives as soon as you recall in. The same people keep bringing turkeys to the arcane circle. Im sorry but I think this was poor planning on the part of the Dev's.

2. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Turkeys attack? They dont attack you in the wild. Why in cities?

3. jaraxlebaenrae

jaraxlebaenrae Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The area attack hits everyone within range, hostile or not.

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

its not the devs fault people are doing this they are just being jerks! they turned the guards off because people were guard killing the turkeys!
    and its considered griefing to lure them into town (except fel) page on them and report them to a gm!
    :eyes:

5. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

Let's be "Thankful" that we have a circling place in Brit to even be griefed at. It will soon be over. In the mean time you can resort to circling where you did before we got the groovy gift that has brought some life back to Britain.

Take Storms advice.

6. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010

plenty of other areas to get a focus from

7. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm.

Yeah this is a good point.

To this, I'll add the fact that the world our characters inhabit is far from safe, and giant turkeys is the least thing we've had to face the last few years. OK, this isn't an invasion, but the NPCs have been pretty clear that the turkeys' presence is an affront to nature and is causing disruption. Now they are disrupting us as well! More incentive to get out there and kill the beasts in the wild before they can be lured into town!

It'll be over soon enough.

-Galen's player

8. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

The WBB is the only place you can get a lvl 6 focus, aside from Shimmer.

9. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Just recall to a spot near the bank or run from Brit gate. Once there, aggro the turkeys and lead them away. Then recall to Brit bank and get your focus...

Should work.

10. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

WBB fel?

11. Maggie

Maggie Guest

You know I assumed that since they did not decorate WBB Fel that there was no circle. I just double checked and there is a circle in fel. Thats great. Although there is nothing to stop someone from luring turkeys to you in fel either.

12. Scarst

Scarst Lore Master
    Governor Stratics Veteran

Wrong it's the only place to get a lvl 6 focus with one less person!
    Just go make a new friend!

13. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

6 Spell weavers wil not get you a level 6 circle only 5 on the brit circle or in Shim

LoL

:loser:

14. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Kill the Turkey.

15. LadyNico

LadyNico Always Present

Befriend a bard? Area peacing should work nicely.

16. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I wish they would leave the turkeys! They are kinda fun to do and the maps are cool.

17. dukarlo

dukarlo Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Is someone really complaining about being killed by turkeys? Haha, Trammel has just led to Trammies becoming even bigger Trammies.

18. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

I have 5 GM + weavers on four accounts. I can almost get a level 6 by myself. I usually log chars on on the arcane circle, and then cast with one. But cant do that now. And just because I go to tram brit to focus doesnt mean i am a trammie. I hunt fel more than I do tram. And yes, I have a bard that needs to focus too

19. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

At one point in time, a level 5 focus was the highest you could achieve, except when in Shimmer. When they added the arcane circle at Brit, everyone was excited to be able to achieve a 6 there.

Are you saying that you can obtain a level 6 in your own house?

20. rareitem

rareitem Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Luring monsters in trammel to kill other people is banable, report them and maybe its you who laughs at the end........

21. LadyKeroOfAtl

LadyKeroOfAtl UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran

Well, It's over now atleast.

I think it was more they were luring to get help to kill the Turkeys.
    I saw a lot of the under developed chars bringing them in.

22. For the last few days, I would make it a point to recall to west brit bank frequently BECAUSE they were constantly luring the turkeys there to slaughter them. It was a lot of fun; I could get maps by the dozen, and if I died, I could get rezzed in a matter of seconds; there were a couple of dozen people there killing turkeys any time of day or night. If you just set your recall spot a little way up the road, you could recall in safety, wait till the turkey died, then go to the circle. Trying to ban players because you have to wait a couple of minutes for them to kill a turkey, and recall up the street from the bank and walk a few steps to the circle is beyond mean; it's just plain vindictive.

23. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

No I can only get the level 6 at WBB with 5 weavers there, 1 other person plus 4 of my weavers, or have 2 people join me in shimmer with all 4 of my weavers there at 10k a pop plus the liklihood of dying on the way there.

24. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

Hiya Kero... yes I saw you killing them, and I know you are not the Griefer type. Heck, a bard of mine you dont know, was discording them there for you.

However, one player I know that was doing luring was in my alliance/guild. He has a bone with us. So when he would hear us calling for a focus in alliance chat, he would start luring turkeys there.

After the first couple of times of seeing him fighting them while we focused, I went to brit. While hidden, called for a Focus in chat. Within a minute This Guildie shows up with turkey.

Another player that was there at a different time had just been standing there for awhile. I had seen him while hidden on the circle. he was just standing there for a good while. As soon as people started showing up for focus, he goes off and comes back with turkey.

After they dropped barding difficulty a human with 0 skill could successfully provoke one turkey on another. And elf would have to buy 20 provoke and music to do so. So technically, a newby char, even young could kill these for the maps, in fact i saw a lot out in the fields doing just that with the young tag.

So I find it hard to swallow that they lured them to the bank to get help killing. One char that was luring I know is a bard because he was legendary.

25. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

In no way am i trying to ban anyone for this. Simply put I think it was Poor design to remove the Guard protection from them.

When I focus, I log out 3 chars on the arcane circle, each on a separate account, and cast with the 4th weaver my 4th account. so at best, I would get one char away in time if turkeys were lured. Log out that one, long into other account to find that char dead. And the other two as well.

Before you say, Well only focus with one char at a time, there were guildmates that only brought one char that died as soon as they stood on the cirlce or recalled anywhere near the bank.

26. MariamATL

MariamATL Guest

Argh, some people will complain about anything. I actually enjoyed being able to recall into Brit KNOWING that they had turkeys and we could fight them together. I earned lots of maps that way and NO it was because we wanted to grief you or anyone else for that matter. It's because we wanted to work on the event together and it's easier to meet up in a town than say the middle of nowhere.

I remember not long ago there was an event where EVERY town could be invaded and the monsters were very hard especially for bank sitters! Give us a break.

You could do as I did. Mark a rune outside of Brit and run a little ways.....that's actually how we used to get around...long before you could just recall in.

27. Wow.... if I had known about Turkeys being at WBB I would have done all my hunting there :p Of course I had a location I used that had 6 turkeys spawning :) Was great... provoke 5 onto 1 that was DISCOed and then when it died, provo them onto the new one that spawned while I looted :)