1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

[Lumberjacking] Turn off special wood?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Chad Sexington, May 21, 2014.

  1. Chad Sexington

    Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2008
    Messages:
    1,103
    Likes Received:
    58
    Is there any way to toggle off gathering special wood?

    Or since you only begin gathering Oak at 65.0, should I just lock my Lumberjacking at 64.9 to get the best chance at gathering normal wood without having to gather any other type?

    edit: Should I do the same for Mining and lock it at 64.9 to avoid Dull Copper?
     
    #1 Chad Sexington, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
  2. archiv

    archiv Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 18, 2008
    Messages:
    200
    Likes Received:
    26
    There is no way to stop gathering colored ores or wood other than not having the skill to gather them so locking before you hit that mark would be your best option.
     
  3. Barry Gibb

    Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 24, 2008
    Messages:
    1,429
    Likes Received:
    235
    The best way to avoid the special materials (when mining and lumberjacking) is to simply avoid the spot once you discover it gives colored ore/logs. There is no way to toggle off getting special materials.

    Locking the skill will not make your mining/lumberjacking more efficient. It will make it less efficient due to the significant failure rate. Success at Mining/Lumberjacking is directly determined by your skill (similar to hiding), there is no adjusted difficulty. At 65.0 you will have 65% chance to dig/chop and a 35% chance to fail. It would be best to raise your skill to GM (100.0) and find a use for the colored ore/logs you find (even when skipping over spots. Your colored resources can be turned in for Library, Museum, and Clean Up rewards.