1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

turning to boards chance to fail?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Guest, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Is there a formula for % to suceed in making boards out of logs? Based on the color wood/ carpentry skill etc.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

as long as your carpenter can use the wood, you have no chance of failing when converting logs to boards. the only positive to converting is that boards weight less than logs.

Yes this is different than smelting ore with a miner. Why? Because different people coded the colored woods than those that worked on colored ore.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

So does your 20% JOAT skill give you enough points for you to do it? I'll have to try that tonight, my lumberjack doesn't have the points for carpentry and I dont think I've even tried it out :/

4. Guest

Guest Guest

nope,

just like mining you have to have enough skill in carpentry to convert the logs to boards.

Wood Plain - anyone even with zero skill or JOAT can convert to normal boards
    Oak Wood - Skill Required: 65
    Ash Wood - Skill Required: 80
    Yew Wood - Skill Required: 95
    Heartwood Wood - Skill Required: 100
    Bloodwood Wood - Skill Required: 100
    Frostwood Wood - Skill Required: 100