1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[TV] Merlin?

Discussion in 'UO Oceania' started by Fink, May 18, 2009.

1. Fink

Fink Guest

Does anyone watch that Merlin TV show? Is it any good? Is it mind-buggeringly anachronistic with its hip dialogue and punk teens?

Discuss. :next:

2. Petrify

Petrify Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Wanted to watch it, heard good things about it and has some good actors in it... never got around to it.

3. Dain

Dain Guest

I downloaded the series a few months ago now.

It's okay, worth a watch I suppose, has some original plots and creative ideas.

The acting isn't good I'm afraid Pet, and the effects/graphics scream low budget.

4. Katlene

Katlene Guest

ive watched the whole season and personally i think it was really great. loads of random actors pop in it like tosh from torchwood and the dr is played by the old guy from a uk series called one foot in the grave and anthony head (giles from buffy) is uthar pendragon. great cast, good story and the dragon is gorgeous!
    but each to their own though, some people will love it, like it or think its a pile of poop.
    Im in the first group :D

5. Fink

Fink Guest

I'm tempted to watch but the way it's being promoted turns me off.

6. Katlene

Katlene Guest

blah, channel ten is making it so poncy.
    glad i watched the lot before i saw those ad's

7. Fink

Fink Guest

Watched an episode, wasn't terribly impressed :|

I'll give it another go, though.

8. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I watched a couple, I found it a little childish and predictable.

9. Farscape

Farscape Guest

But different:D nice to have a change for I sick of the simpsons etc

10. Katlene

Katlene Guest

and its not another reality show either!

11. Fink

Fink Guest

I hate so-called reality shows. :cursing:

12. Tuk

Tuk Guest

Merlin was watchable, but if its that type of show you want, then download Legend of the seeker. Better writing, better acting, better produced.

13. Farscape

Farscape Guest

Does it get exciting or do they all just take it in turns to be poisened via magic
    You think they have magic resist at 120 lol:coco:

14. Fink

Fink Guest

Twice now I've caught the show and it was the same plot. At least the second time around it was a much tighter script. Also you have to give a damn about a character before poisoning them becomes interesting.

15. Katlene

Katlene Guest

it does get a lil better as it goes along, the ep with the snakes in the shield was good, yet it involves poison again. But gotta remember poison was the thing to use in the yee old days, easier to get away with!
    Enchantments are also a running theme as well but der its a show about a magician.

16. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Guest

wow this thread sux balls

17. Farscape

Farscape Guest

Must be your fort'e since you aint got any :loser::thumbsup::next:

18. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Was checking out Oceania threads since the Uhall one I saw. I'M sorry but I'm sitting here reading this thread all flowers and flowing river then BAM! That post comes up and I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Was kinda like a big explosion ending to the thread.

19. Petrify

Petrify Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Wow that was lame. Did you just pass grade 6?

20. Farscape

Farscape Guest

Look who's er how you say it 'trolling" and replying to posts of no concern to themselves
    I hope that soon you all have enough slaps on the wrist to be removed from this board so others can post in peace
    so go take a powder:wall:

21. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

What? Its an off-topic thread. How can you determine who has no concern here?

22. iddqd

iddqd Guest

i saw the ads and instantly thought 'late-teens harry potter teen-drama' its basically the OC for geeks.

23. Fink

Fink Guest

That was my assessment too, but I thought I'd give it a shot (or two) as the network it's on is notorious for missing the point. Sadly, it was as I expected. :bored:

24. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I've still been watching it, but getting more and more bored with it. Do they just change the storyline at all? Poison, someones gunna die, Merlin saves the day and nearly gets caught using magic....

25. Katlene

Katlene Guest

thats pretty much they gist of it, it seems.
    i never realised how monotonous(sp?) it was till this thread. i just watched it and didnt strip it apart.