1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Lock Picking] Twisted Weald trick isn't......

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by TimberWolf, Aug 19, 2014.

1. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

So just an update because I haven't seen it listed anywhere. My T-Hunter lost his carto and lping skills on stones when my houses fell last decade.
    Ya it sucked but I figured retraining would be kinda nostalgic so WTH.....

I hit 95yesterday and tried the Twisted Weald Disco trick....and got no gains at all. Real skill dropped to 65 picking boxes with 72.5 skill ( which is prime sweet zone for gains) I got nothing...zero,...ziltch,... for an hour.

I know hardly conclusive but after talking to so new friends in game they all had the same response....
    " Dude, that $h!t don't work no more...you gotta get yourself some pinks!"

So I have to say, I was sad back in the day when they changed the anti macroing code and killed the need for full blown lockpick houses. But then when ML came out and The Twisted Way became known I figured...ok it is a compromise and for the greater good.

Now no need for lock pick houses ( a couple boxes at different levels will do) and no Twisted..... can anyone else please confirm this and when the change occurred? Oh and if I am right and I am pretty sure I am....then the mods and admins need to change our FAQ and the UO guide info.

TW
    Past THB catskills chapter GM
    and Treasure Hunter forum MOD

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I am aware of no such change.

On the other hand, I trained lockpick on a char for my hubby less than a month ago without this 'trick'. Admittedly the char has stealth though, so unlocking dungeon chests held no danger.
    I also spent time in the two Brit guard towers. My crystal ball of knowledge assured me that even though most boxes there were 'too easy' there weere still some that were 'very easy' or 'easy'.

3. archiv

archiv Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It still works, I just did this a week or so ago when changing my thief around. I used a blue scroll and was GM'd in under 30 minutes. I'd say make sure you have the correct boxes in your pack and that you didnt grab the wrong set by mistake.

4. Mac

Mac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Agree with the others, did both carto and LP within the last few months and completed both in the Weald. Make sure you have a skill marked down, if you are at max. Make sure you have the right boxes to pick. I know you know all this, so do I, and every now and then I'll look and something aint set the way it needs to be set for me to gain in whatever skill I need/want.

Good Luck
    Parrot

5. TimberWolf

Stratics Veteran Alumni

I believe you all...and yes I had everything set correctly and I had the right boxes...I checked and confirmed all that after I got no gains after eating a blue in Weald. You can go an hour without a gain...it is rare but not unheard of. If you all are sure it is working then I will stand corrected! :)

I used pinks ultimately and Gmed Cart and LP

6. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You also have the option of using Scrolls of Alacrity (also referred to as "blues" they make you gain more when you have a succesfull gain) http://www.uoguide.com/Scroll_of_Alacrity or Scrolls of Transcendence (also referred to as "pinks" they add skill points right away) http://www.uoguide.com/Scroll_of_Transcendence

7. Dodger

Dodger Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Disco was such a pain I ended up xsharding to a dead shard and soloing despise champs till I had enough pinks to 120 then xsharding back.

8. TimberWolf

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Do you mean training disco is a pain?? Or that using disco to train is a pain?

9. Dodger

Dodger Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Let's form a disco train and blame it on the boogie, I seriously hated disco.

10. TimberWolf

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Disco is dead...but I will race ya for pinks....

11. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I did disco lately in two days from zero with no pinks

12. Dodger

Dodger Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I think I discord the healers around old haven till a hundred then pinked it to 120

13. Cephas [V]

Cephas [V] Journeyman

Burn baby burn.