1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Two Brothers wisp orb spawn

Discussion in 'UHall' started by SlobberKnocker, Mar 19, 2014.

1. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

how are people killing the boss these days.

whats the best way to solo it?

2. UO-OU

UO-OU Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

It's going to take a long time to solo it. Your controlled pet, is the only thing that can harm the brother. There a wisp that spawns and respawns with the brother that the player can damage. But other than that, it's a pretty boring fight. As for tactics, just make sure either your pet or you have discord to reduce the power of the boss and also keep your pets healed. I highly recommend a party of 3 as it only takes around 10-20 mins to take down the boss. But if your looking to solo, it's going to be alot higher than 20mins.

3. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

I am not sure given the time constraints of the encounter it can be done solo with a single client. I certainly haven't tried it with each different pet, but I know early on there were times when two of use would get booted out over the time limit. I don't remember which pets we had, and I know that most if the time with just two we were able to kill it, so maybe it's possible with just one... But it sure bites to spend all that time and get booted even if the bother is close to redline. I definitely don't recommend it solo (without dual or triple clienting).

4. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

On a related subject, what is the drop rate like on the rare drops? I know RNG influences that a lot, but just trying to an estimate about how many times it may take to get a despicable quiver.

5. UO-OU

UO-OU Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

From my experiences, our party has always gotten a drop on killing the boss. Usually, 1 drop per encounter. However, there was one time 2 people in the party got 1 each. Maybe, it's the RNG that has been smiling on my party and the sample size is small to make something out of it, but that's what we've gotten. So far, we've gotten 1 quiver out of 10 encounters.

6. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

understood. I tried to solo it when it first came out and failed but wanted to see over time if anyone had better tactics that would make it possible and if possible less time consuming.

thanks for the replies.

7. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Havent managed to solo them but did manage to complete using 2 accounts. Needed the pet that discords on 1 char and had nightmare on other char. Precasted animal summons with char that has discord pet, honor myself and set pet to non-aggressive, walk in and have animal summons attack Wisp, position pet so that it is closer to Andros than Wisp and put in back to aggressive status. Run other char in and get nightmare on Andros as well. I usually keep summoning animal summons to keep wisp busy and heal pets when needed. Have managed to complete this a couple times this way

If your char has high discord then get a 2nd good damage pet and do the discord yourself

8. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I've been able to kill them "solo" with 2 chars, a Bard/Mage and a Tamer/Mage with 2 Lvl 15 Darkmanes. My Bard/Mage does Disco and whacks the boss with a HLA/HLD wep (makes it easier for the minions to hit the boss, and he hits the Darkmane less often). My Tamer/Mage vets up the tanking Darkmane.
    The second pet you bring in doesn't matter that much, since only the tanking Darkmane will continue to use it's Mana after a minute or so. That spellcasting AI restriction really messes with the viability of other minions in Despise, as well as multiple spellcasting pets for longer fights elsewhere.