1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

two bugs

Discussion in 'UHall' started by OREOGL, Dec 30, 2014.

1. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie
    Professional Campaign Patron

@Mesanna @Kyronix

Please fix the crash bug whrn trading in luna bank. Every time i do one there on great lakes it crashes the client.

Please fix the dismount bug so the special no longer stays active when you remount. With speedhacking all they have to do hit one key and its a minimum one in three chance youre getting footed. Given that even with a heavy crossbow you can swing as fast as 1.5 seconds it doesn't take long to hit those odds.

As a side note, throwing weapons should be the same speed as bows.

2. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

Please submit the issue you are having with as many steps to reproduce what you've encountered to [email protected]

Thanks!

3. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

There is always a risk of crashing when trading at any bank.
    Trade outside of the bank area if you don´t wanna risk crashing, that´s my advice to everyone.

4. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie

Yeah, always better to fix the symptom rather than the problem.....

5. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

You just described most of modern medicine... :p

Odin of LS and Fridgster like this.
  6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

This bug can be reproduced by any player anytime if you trade things at a bank and then try to recall.... It's been around for YEARS. It has plagued Yew Bank for so long it's not even funny. The YM used to hold Militia every Saturday and we would meet at the Bank in Yew. And often someone would trade before or after the event and then attempt to recall... this will always cause your client to crash.

7. RueTor

RueTor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not sure on the recall being the primary factor as I have had the other person on the trade crash with no one trying to cast recall. I also had seen crashes at various banks other than Luna. Normally it happens to me if I have my bank box open (not all the time) when making the trade at a bank. Not sure it is because I drag the item directly from the bank vs. the backpack. Now I just close my bank box before doing any trade windows. I haven't crashed in awhile.

That being said... Now I'll probably crash everytime going forward due to Murphy's Law ;)

8. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie

Some interesting points there, but I usually crash when the other person hits the accept button.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!