1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Two customized 18X18s next to each other, appear to be one long house...read more

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Val Van Wolf, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Val Van Wolf

Val Van Wolf Seasoned Veteran

Tazar has many houses like that on Atlantic shard in southern Malas, Luna side. Hoffs has some on Siege N. of Skara Brae. It seems that you can walk from one to the other (sometimes using teleporters) but I want a few more details on how its done. If anyone knows where I can read more about it or watch on YouTube, let me know. I want to try it on Siege and have already picked an area in which to do it... One thing I've noticed is that one of the two houses (they are one tile apart) is a tile or two more forward than the other or more back a little. Thanks in advance for any hints or urls...

2. Longtooths

Longtooths Supreme Commander
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend LTC

Raising Goza mats.

Val Van Wolf likes this.
  3. Val Van Wolf

Thank you Longtooths, I think I understand what you're talkling about... I've been running around looking at what seem to be called merged houses, and gonna take a few more look-sees (from Treasure of the Sierra Madre) before I start mine.

4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

5. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

It's all about illusions, but not many people are willing to give up their secrets on it.

That being said, it's often a process of working between the two house and one being to the front, one being to the back as you mentioned, then lining things up and going back and forth between the houses to see how it looks. Gozas also play a huge part in it (like rivers connecting the houses etc.)

I've never made one but I've toured a few.

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*chuckles* Yer a brave woman Val. Ya left Siege forums for Uhall on a deco/house design question. Brilliant!

I really mean that. I am not so certain we need all of these many different forums.

If yer wanting an answer... ya gotta fish where the fish are.

Val Van Wolf likes this.
  7. Val Van Wolf

Wowee, thank you all! Especially Kelmo, who is a great advisor but is letting some self negativity into his life. Kelmo, everybody knows older people have wisdom. And you could never be in the way. Be good to your self....and thank you for calling me brave... Now I'm gonna see if I can find the Url Tina Small mentioned. She knows more about the "statistics" of the game than anybody...

8. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

And if you have any questions or screenshots as you build, please share!

9. blend

blend Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Sakura Shard luna of a few years ago
    house.jpg

10. Sellingahouse

Sellingahouse Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

hi I try to make my 3 houses look like one I bumped the post for them on the house forum if you would like to look. There is only the one tile in between the plots, sometimes I have them all lined up in a row and sometimes I move a house or two forward a few tiles. I use houses teles to walk between the plots.

11. Velocity

Velocity Visitor

I currently have 4 18x18s next to each other on the Atlantic shard that i recently purchased. I've customized them to appear as if they are one massive home with a garden flanking the right. I have a river running the length of all 4, and created the sides of each house to appear as if they are touching each other. If you would like to see them they are directly SE of the East Luna exit against the edge of the map in the first clearing. Its a work in progress and i will post photos once i get it looking decent, but its received great reviews from players so far!

Balrog and Kayhynn like this.
  12. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Babbling Loonie

A bridge to link 2 houses together. There's a high end veteran reward ;)

13. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

1818 side by side ???? old hat!!!!! and have u seen 2 side by side castles with the new add on customs yet .....not stupid goza ...solid wall/tile........ohhhhh my god