1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Two of Me?

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Cailleach, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It would appear that someone has made a char called 'Cailleach'. Now, I don't actually have a char with that name, although it's part of the name of my mage, which is why I use it here. Makes me easy for folks to find me, should they want to.

I'd just like to make it absolutely crystal clear that this char and its' actions are nothing whatsoever to do with me. My mage is guilded to SAOR, is the guild leader, and will always show her guild tag and her guild title - Boireannach Geal.

I'm told that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I do wonder sometimes!

2. Maleachi

Maleachi Sage
    Stratics Veteran

You are right indeed... I just saw the same name pop up in global chat.
    And let me tell you, he or she wasn't saying exactly nice things...

3. yorky

yorky Guest

You would think people have better things to do...

4. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

As long as folks know it's not me. Someone very kindly sent me a screeny of a conversation this 'person' was involved in and, hopefully, those who know me well enough should be able to spot the difference. I don't mix up words like 'pray' and 'prey', for a start!

5. Kayne

Kayne Guest

Anyone with half an ounce of sense can tell the difference.

6. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I made a wish for two of you on Stratics' birthday, but I never thought it'd come to this.

7. Kayne

Kayne Guest

Lol Syrus - believe me when I say one is more than enough :p

8. Fluffi

Fluffi Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Do you ever PvP with a character that people might know is related to Cail?

Have you killed any eejits lately?

... My swordswoman was named after my daughter (whose name was an Anglicised version of an Aramaic phrase.) She used to kill people quite efficiently.

One evening I logged in with an unknown charater to find "Immy" (re-created down to the same colour robe / hat), spouting abuse at people in Haven.

I logged-in with the real Immy, and started a conversation with "Immy 2" in Hebrew. Strangely enough; "Immy 2" immediately logged-out and was never seen again.
    After a bit of digging-around, I found that "Immy 2" was an alt of someone that the real Immy had killed repeatedly at a spawn a few nights previously.

...of course, it might just be some arsewipe using the SAOR reputation for helping newbies to cause grief.

I think that the PvP/PvE distiction in UO is a good thing; but when a griefer created a character called Paidric in the "hlp" guild, I sooooo wanted to wanted to guild my red fencer, map him into Haven, and reskill the false Paidric, whilst shouting "it's spelled HLP, you arsehole!!"

*don't you just love American spellcheckers* :hahaha: