1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Two Questions-

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Førsaken, May 12, 2009.

1. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

1) Does having Knight of Honor yield higher damage on perfection hits, or in any way increase the damage?

2) What is up with Explosion pots being very hard to make a macro for anymore? I went to the alchy forums, I found the all mighty UOA macro for the Triple-Bomb macro, and it does not work very well. I did it without messing with pauses, and then tweaked them to see if that helps, nada.

I'd be very interested in some sort of Alchy template for PvP if I could figure out a good explode pot macro.

2. on the 1st one yes. and if you honor your self it adds more damn to i think.
    #2 idk

3. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Ahh thank you, and hmm are you certain on the honor self for more damage?! That's crazy, I'll have to try that.

4. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

honoring yourself gives you monster ignore... i never heard of that giving you more damage.

What I was under the impression of... was that the higher your honor, the more damage you do when you achieve perfection

5. Ru TnT

Ru TnT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

honoring yourself also adds DI. not sure on the % though.

6. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

For the duration of its effects?

Does it exceed the 300% cap?

7. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It better not! Is not 300% enough? I know the ARMS race is still going on,
    but please... is there a real need of 400% Damage Increase?

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

8. Ru TnT

Ru TnT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

aye, for the duration, which isn't really that long, and then it has a 5(?) min reuse timer. i do not think it exceeds the 300% di cap. i can't find any info on the di%, but i know i used to see a noticable difference in damage upon honoring myself.

9. Nickster

Nickster Guest

also there are less "steps to perfection" as a knight of honor this is also linked to your bushido skill. reaching perfection also gives a 1000 bonus to your luck!

10. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It does increase damage- 25% sound right? But you lose quite a bit of honor for doing so.
    I am thinking that people are confusing 2 things here: your level of honor obtained from consecutive hits after honoring something, and the level of honor pursuing the honor virtue. Unless I am wrong? More honor from consecutive hits does more damage, but I don't think your level of Honor virtue pursuit does.

11. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

When honoring a monster you gain 10% damage per "step". There are 10 steps to perfection. Once you hit perfection that is 100% damage inc. The higher your Bushido skill, the less perfection you lose when missing. So essentialy you can get the 100% EOO, 100% perfection, 100% from items, and a slayer property for another 100%. But i believe damage to a monster is capped at 300%.

I've never heard of honoring yourself or having higher virtue "Honor" giving you a larger damage output. I believe those statements are wrong. The only thing that determines damage output is the "step" of perfection you are on.

12. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Honoring yourself is mentioned somewhere. I am not sure if it is still extant, but it was part of the package.

13. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Just visited the warrior forums. Under the guide to bushido, the entry on honor, it states that by honoring yourself you can gain UP TO a 25% damage bonus. But, I am reading this seeing that this is particular to the honor virtue, and not bushido.
    And yes, monster ignore is also a part of it. At least, they all were at the time of their writing.

14. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, heres what i found through a little research.

- Perfection

A Samurai who has 50.0 or more Bushido skill can gain Perfection in Honorable combat. Perfection affects the damage you will do during battle.

To be eligible for Perfection, you must first honor your opponent by using the virtue gump and choosing Honor, or by defining a macro, and target your opponent. Once you have honored your target, each subsequent hit or miss will affect how Perfection is accumulated. Successful hits will increase your Perfection while misses will decrease it.

The higher your Bushido skill, the more Perfection you will gain with each hit, but each miss will always decrease your perfection score the same amount. As your Perfection increases, you will notice your hits do more damage. When Perfection is achieved, your hits will do 100% more damage for the duration of the fight.

If you have achieved Perfection at the time of your opponent's death, a portion of your Hit Points, Stamina, and Mana will be restored. Your Luck level, for the purposes of calculating that opponent's loot, will also increase based on your Perfection level at the time of your opponent's death (The actual amount of luck is the perfection score squared, divided by ten - so, if you have achieved max perfection, you'll get a bonus of 1000 luck for that creature.)

- Virtuous Ability: Embrace Honor

The reward for following the path of Honor is the ability to move peacefully among aggressive monsters, as well as a damage bonus to melee combat.

You can activate Embrace Honor by double-clicking the Honor icon on the Virtue gump, and then targeting yourself. Activating this ability will cause all monsters to ignore you for a limited amount of time. The duration you embrace your Honor increases as you achieve higher levels on the path of Honor.

15. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Just tried it out. I honored myself and attacked a hiryu. Normal damage without any modifications was about 17 per hit. After i honored myself the damage went up to 20 per hit. Not a big difference. The effects only lasted about 25 seconds with a 5 minute cool down rate.

Tried it again, this time i honored the Hiyu first, then honored myself. After reaching perfection and honoring myself my hits were at 40. Once the honor wore off i was hitting for 35. Once again not a big difference, but there is a damage boost for honoring yourself.