1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Tyrath

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Mitzlplik_LS, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Mitzlplik_LS

Mitzlplik_LS Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Where`d you go?

I`ve come to rely on your vendor for bags/balls and powder but haven`t seen him anymore behind the ankh in Zento.

Did ya move or?........

2. Sadmaz

Sadmaz Visitor

haven't seen him talkin on chat for over 2 weeks

3. imported_Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

4. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

I'm selling translocation powder again since Tyrath isn't selling powder right now. The red robed vendor at my shop near the west end of Zento's north wall will be handling it. The sandstone shop with the garden on the roof.

Mitzlplik_LS likes this.
  5. Tyrath

Tyrath Babbling Loonie

Closed a lot of my accts and dropped most of my houses due to an issue that has been resolved. Only going to run a couple of accts now. LOL I bit off more than I could really chew IRL helping a friend out in a pinch and just don't feel much like doing anything after getting up at 3AM and getting the work done and back home at 10pm. With luck I will find the right person I am looking for to hire on here and I will be able to cut my work load by 5-6 hours a day and have a couple hours of relax and run powder time. If the first dozen people I have interviewed though are what I can expect from future applicants I am probably going to keep doing the work of 3 people myself. Bunch of sissies with cell phones tha are text addicts, didn't realize the world was so full of hi tech dead beats. Thus far no one has passed the Bull Test, If you can't walk up to Zeke and put a halter on him without wetting yourself or running like a little sissie when he tosses his head around a bit then I just ain't got much use for the person. If they can't handle a bull then they have no chance with Buford and Otis the boars. I am amazed though at how quick some of these folks can run and how easily they clear the fence when Zeke is chasing them. Sooner or later someone will come out and realize Zeke wont chase them is they don't run......... I Don't ask much in my pre employment test. #1 Put a halter on a bull. #2. Move 2 Boars from one pen to another. #3. Catch the black and White sow on the pasture and get her in a trailer. #3 being the hardest since she is a complete phsycho. Anyway I hopefully will find someone that can figure those things out and not load their diapers in the process and be able to get along with me. If not things slow down arounf the end of October and I return to sitting on my hind quaters until mid March or so playing UO :)

Mitzlplik_LS and Lorddog like this.
  6. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

*snorts tea out her nose* sorry to hear you're so stuck with work, but OMG those are some funny visuals!

7. Tyrath

Tyrath Babbling Loonie

Na don't be sorry I love what I do and wouldn't do anything else. The long days are just part of Spring, summer and fall, what makes this year different is I did not anticipate the business end growing as fast as it has. We got enough now and ice here that I could call off the class I am teaching today, do the feeding and Declare this to be a MIKE"S DAY OFF and after 2 weeks of 18-19 hour days I need a day off. Last thing I have to do before turning off the phone and logging into UO is call a guy about 200 Berkshire feeder pigs and try to negotiate a price for them that we can both live with He thinks $10,000 is fair and I think $7000 is fair for 6 week od feeder pigs but I have a feeling we will close the deal for $8500 (Which is what I really think is fair and most likely what he thinks is fair but for what ever reason you have to play the whole idiotic game of offer and counter offer to get what both of ys want anyway.
    The funny thing is Zeke the bull is a big baby, he tosses his head around because he ges excited and thinks he is going to get a good scratch between the clown stabbers (horns) but if you don't know that he is a 2000 pound bull with a 4 1/2 foot spread of horns that makes you feel kind of tiny. But once you start scratching the horn ridge e starts making little squeaky sounds that no self respecting bull should ever make! He only chases folks because he wants scratched LOL if he didn't want them to they would not make it out of the pen, the biggest danger from Zeke is him stepping on the feet when he starts doing the happy scratch shuffle. But I am not going to tell the folks that come for pre employment testing that ;) Otis and Buford the main two boars are two of the nicest boars you will ever meet but like Zeke they look kind of scary since I don't cut teeth and they are sporting some impressive tusk. Psycho sow can be dangerous she has managed to get a chunk of my hand and left an impressive scar on my shoulder after she bowled me over and clamped down if she didn't make such large litters and raise her offspring so well she would have been sausage long ago. But all three test actually have a purpose other than giving me amusment. Zeke challenges fear, The boars test ingenuity, and Psycho Sow test patients, because like clock work almost 1 hour exactly after opening a trailer door she will just walk in on her own. (I am out there BTW to make sure she doesn't give a applicant a scar to remember) But these are 3 traits a person just has to have in abundance when working with free ranging livestock and sometimes you get bumped, bit, stepped on, horned, and feel like a bowling pin when all 450 pounds of psycho sow goes straight under your legs instead doing what a normal pig would do and going around you. And the pig deal is done, got them all for $8000 better than I expected and the phone is going off and I am going into game!

8. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

You should hire Johnny Knoxville. He´s not afraid of a bull...

[​IMG]

Tyrath likes this.