1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

ubws question

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by hamburger, Aug 9, 2013.

1. hamburger

hamburger Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 23, 2009
    If I have 120 archery and lets say I am using a UBWS warfork, does the archery skill translate to fencing skill?

2. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    Heh... Kind of.. I've seen a Sneaky Sneaky Version of this years ago that worked as follows..

1) 120 Mage on the Character
    2) UBWS , -20 Mage Weapon Warfork
    3) 120 Archery Skill
    4) 0 Fencing Skill
    5) 90 Tactics

Basically.... it was a disarm archer with Bushido / parry / evade etc.. YEARS ago. The 120 Archery allows you to do specials and hit with Archery weapons like you would expect. The -20 Mage weapon on your WarFork Basically turns your Magery into a Combat skill allowing you to actually hit with the warfork. The Tricky part of it is that 120 Archery when combined with a UBWS melee weapon DOESNT actually give you a 120 combat skilll (ability to hit / Be missed) but it DOES give you the ability to toggle the specials on your warfork. So basically your using archery skill to pull off bleeds and disarms and the mage weapon property on the fork to actually hit / be missed by others.. I'm sure it could be worked into a decent template these days, but IF it still works like this I doubt many are aware of it.. I haven't checked in years ...
  3. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

May 21, 2008
    To the OP, no archery and throwing do not work UBWS.