1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Ugh another pole goes poof.

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Gheed, May 25, 2011.

1. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just a little warning to all you zealots out there who spend 100k lumber and a week of your life to get a heartwood dovetail runic for that perfect fishing pole. Be CAREFUL when you cut up extra rare fish into steaks!... (and happen to have a last object macro.) Your fishing pole can be destroyed right out of your hand. Also fyi, a blessed pole can be chopped. Another valuable lesson learned, and one less PBD in game!

2. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable

Doh! Knives dont destroy poles! *curses* use a knife next time Gheed... use a knife.

3. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

*shivers* Does a harvester blade count as knife? Anyone wants to test?
    I imbued a mages suit around my fishing pole. If that one would be destroyed, i would be in big trouble. (Thought I dont know, how i could accidently target something that doesnt leave my hands.)

4. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable

I dont quite understand how it happened either. My last object macro is right next to my UOassist macro to bait my pole and cast. I the only thing I can think of is that I hit my last object macro by mistake then thumped my macro to bait the pole. The recorded use of the bait probably generated a "you must wait" message and auto targeted my pole destroying it. I used to just use a last object macro on bait to then target my pole but destroyed one doing this so I wrote a more complex macro I though was Gheed proof. I was wrong.

Anyway you can test the knife on a different pole but I don't think it will destroy it.

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think I've used up about 300 fishing poles so far getting to 120 fishing skill.

:D You don't use fancy runic poles where I fish.

6. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

A perfect fishing pole .... I wonder how that one would look like. About two weeks ago on Europa a fishing pole was sold for 600k at a player auction. It was one, that i personally would have not rated good enough to use it. (LRC doesnt need to be on a fishing pole and reaching 2/6 with sc/-1 on a fishing pole would require an Ornament, which i dont own.)

@Petra: Its one of the reasons that I am not playing on Siege. I like all of my fishing poles too much. :love:

7. BluDjinn

BluDjinn Journeyman

A fishing pole is considered to be staff in UO.
    But it has 0 or maybe 1 durability.

So if you strike your foe , mace --or use it to block, parry.
    Then it can take damage, and go poof.

You need to either make a disarm macro.
    Or stand in the middle of your ship where you can't be hit.

If you are in a dungeon or other place where you might get attacked, don't walk around with your fishing pole in hand!
    This is where a disarm macro can really be useful

8. olduofan

olduofan Guest

why cant they add durability to them and then maybe we could imbue them to max weight...ha