1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UI mods

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by zamot, Dec 11, 2011.

1. zamot

zamot Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Just looking around for all the other Mod's that used to be here. It seems that the site that I had linked is no longer up. I believe it was the uomodders site.

So I guess my question is are the other UI's still available? And if so where can I download any of them?

Thanks

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As far as I am aware The answer is no! I will do some looking around today and see what I can find!

3. zamot

zamot Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I looked for awhile and was unable to come up with anything. I hope you have better luck, and thanks for helping.

4. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

basically there was few more UI:

- Dermott's mods: now are a texture pack for my UI.

- Lucis Interface: the development has been stopped.

There used to be other texture only UI around but are gone by like 2 years or more...

That's why you can't find any link :p

5. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

The long stretch of inactivity on EC development is one of the main culprits as to the demise of the Exchange. That alone accounts for at least 3 modders that I know of stopping their developments. I think in Illandril's case it was more of real life being an issue as to why the site itself was shut down.

Right now, Pinco's is the de-facto player-made UI and as such I've directed what UI modding I do to interact on that level (that being texture mods).

I also want it to be known that I haven't "defected" per se from the Exchange and I understand and support the decisions made by the previous modders.

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thanks guys I was pretty sure they were all gone !

7. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

That is mostly correct.
    I only have time to play UO about an hour a month right now... and I'd much rather spend that time playing than modding, which is why I stopped work on mods myself.

The site was shut down because I didn't know of anybody who was interested in using it, and I was moving things around on my host (so it was more work to migrate the site than it was to just shut it down).

I still own the domain, and I am willing to host a new repository and site if interest grows. I'd also be fine transferring the domain to somebody if they would like to take it, as long as I thought the person follow the same principles of open sharing between modders that I started the site on.