1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

UI requires EC Playsound

Discussion in 'Pinco's UI' started by MissEcho, Apr 3, 2015.

1. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

OK so I go to c:/program files (x86)/electronic arts/UO Enhanced/ and in this directory is a file called EC PlaySound.exe (file version 1.6.0.0 created 21st Jan 2015) which I right click and send to desktop as a shortcut to open my game with. I open the game, log in, and sometimes it is ok, most times i get this box that pops up saying 'this UI requires EC Playsound to work. Run EC Playsound.exe from the game folder or press OK to use the default interface"

This is driving me nuts as I am USING the ecplaysound.exe to log in with in the first place. Sometimes I can be playing for an hour before the box just pops up in the middle of my game. I Have tried logging in with the UIPatcher.exe from the game folder, and the one that says just straight UOSA. I get this flipping UI Playsound required box all the time and Have NO IDEA how to make it stop. Getting severely frustrated.

I patched today to pick up my easter gift (potted plant) so it isn't like I don't have the current patch, I do.

Any ideas on how to make it stop?

2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

if you are using multiple clients there is no way, otherwise make sure it's not crashed when the message appears...

3. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

This is really really annoying. I do run multiple clients frequently. My UI going back to default because of EC Playsound not running is dumb. I've tried running a second instance, no go. Doesn't work.

I remember EC Playsound was only an option before. Why is it now required? Most of the time I turn my music off and the sound effects down low anyway.

4. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

because several functions requires EC PlaySound in order to work...

5. Arien

Arien Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have just the same problem. Well if you make an UI and can't fix a problem that cause crashes ect. then it is not worth to use it.

6. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

it doesn't crash and it's not a problem is how it works...