1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ultima Online inducted into Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Storm, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nok, Kylie Kinslayer and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  2. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Maybe someone could submit to Fansites there, showed squat for UO, especially poor for having 100% of the vote, or is that something else?

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I will check into this!

4. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Oh look! Boxes and box art do still have a purpose. :p

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

k, I mailed them.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

Thanks Petra,

7. Deaol

Deaol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Step 1) Register Domain
    Step 2) Make cheezy graphics in paint
    Step 3) Sign up for adsense
    Step 4) Add randon mmos to your "Hall of Fame"

Looks seriously amateur and completely unofficial to me. Oh well.. at least its some indexed links to UO on some search engines.

8. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

This is getting some good press. Here's an article from Kotaku. I'm also going to be writing a press release for IGN as I don't see where they have it covered on their site. Congrats UO!

9. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

their site looks like a bad geocities page torn straight from 1996, i like how on kotaku's review of it they poked at that as well, lol "one animated fire GIF away from being older than the games it celebrates."

Not sure what the list is supposed to mean though, is it just a "current popularity" thing? There's nothing on the site about that.

Also, it makes me a bit sad to see a MMO "hall of fame" without meridian 59 on the list, i mean, that game was a 3d FIRST PERSON mmo and it's been running over 16 years (it came out about a year or so before UO). Was never quite as popular as UO but it was groundbreaking on many levels, and a lot of later 3d mmo's definitely took some inspiration from there.

10. Vyal

Vyal Guest

lol

11. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

While the site itself is... well... yeah. It's a good little blurb of publicity for UO, and at this point, I think we should take whatever we can get in that regard.

12. Zooithion

Zooithion Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

13. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

Well their site leaves something to be desired, I think the publicity cannot hurt and either way its just another notch in uo's long belt!
    I like how one of the members of "Blue Oyster cult" is one of the voters! He has been a avid gamer for a very long time and I have seen his name connected with a few games!

14. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Should submit Jeff Skalski to the 'who's who' page to show we actually still have a live and kicking producer

15. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Meridian 59 was technically THE FIRST actual MMORPG. It went under for a number of years though when 3DO went bankrupt, then another company got the rights to it and re launched it, so it hasn't quite been *running* for as long as UO has, but it did come out before UO.

Problem with that is, that UO changes producers almost as fast as a baby's diaper needs changing. We've been through so many producers, especially of late, that i don't even bother reading their "Producer's Letter" anymore. I just think "Well, another one bites the dust".

16. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I tweeted jeff and he is aware

Sevin0oo0 likes this.