1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ultima Online loading behind screen?

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by mugmug, Sep 9, 2009.

1. mugmug

mugmug Guest

When i start UOnline i can log on but behind the login screen it shows Ultima Online Loading...It also shows two of them open in my tool bar. After i log off only one shuts down. I look in Task Mgr and there is a UO running and takeing 50 of my cpu usage. How do i get it to only load the one time.. Thanks

2. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You can not load up 2 UOs at the same time, it will not let you. If you are using Windows XP you can switch users and load on another user, but you are not suppose to be able to load 2 on one user. Is the start ICON for UO in your tool bar, if so only click it once. You may have a bug or something else loading and you may want to ck your comp. for bad programs. Whene you first load UO and you have 2 on your task bar what does Task Mgr show?

3. Izzy MBC

Izzy MBC Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Heya mugmug,
    I'm not sure if it's this that you see (See Uploaded Image)? I get a "Ultima Online Loading..." window (Window #2), and the client itself (Window #1).

This sounds silly, but it's true: Depending on whether or not the Client appears visibly over the top Window #2 when you start UO, will depend on whether Window #2 will close.

So if the Client doesn't appear to cover the "Loading..." Window at all, the Client window proceeds to move into the upper most left corner of your desktop, and the loading window remains.

How to get rid of it? Open ANY Browser window, or Notepad, or MS Paint, whatever you choose, and position it over the "Loading..." window. Then select the "Loading..." window from the task bar, so you bring it to the front of Notepad/MS Paint or whatever, and it'll dissapear.

It sounds stupid, but it's how it's always worked for me. And in the past, I know on my old machine, it HAS affected game performance if it remains open, but I don't experience it with my newer Dual Core CPU system... instead it just bugs me if it remains lingering, so I still get rid of it :p

Hope this helps!

Attached Files:

4. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I get this phenomenon on my 2D client. I end up seeing two UO's in task manager and killing one will get rid of it. Killing wrong one, kills your 2D, so you have to learn which is which on the task manager.

5. Tay M'real

Tay M'real Guest

i get the same thing with the 2d Client - it's no biggie and doesn't interefere..

you can go to task manager and kill the lower mem usage 'uo.exe' process

6. mugmug

mugmug Guest

I looked at task mgr after clicking to start the game and it shows. Uo.exe 50% and Client.exe 50% both for uo at the same time. I can close Uo.exe and play but i dont want to have it running in the background and slowing my computer down. I just want to stop one of them from loading when i try to play . Thanks in advance for any ideas.

7. mugmug

mugmug Guest

This looks exactly like my screen Izzy but that doesnt fix my. Thanks

8. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

When you first load UO clasic in the task manger (sort by user name) you will see UO.exe and uopatch.exe. Hit "OK" and you will see client.exe, UO.exe and uopatch.exe go away. After you load UO and get the login screen try deleting UO.exe in taskmanger. Hope this works.