1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ultima Online: The Stygian Gopher Hole

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Prince Caspian, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Devs, are there any plans to increase the size of the Stygian Abyss?

In Ultima Lore, The Stygian Abyss was MASSIVE. It was like The Underdark in The Forgotten Realms.

Benevolent Ol' Lord British did not believe in keeping his felons in dungeons, but the folks who really crossed him got thrown into the Abyss with no hope for escape and virtually no hope for even surviving long. It was a big, dark, dank, septic dungeon packed with miscreants and monsters and all kinds of dangers. (Kinda like Pittsburgh.)

But you can pretty much stroll in and out at will. Not only that, this "Stygian Abyss" is pretty damn small. It's a single level with like 4 little closet submaps. Paroxymous' Domain is almost bigger than this "ultimate dungeon."

It's a big dungeon, granted. But to call it The Stygian Abyss is like calling a frozen fish stick a filet of swordfish.

2. copycon

copycon Guest

What?

LOL

3. Babble

Babble Guest

Don't insult my fish*
    *threatens with a large smelly trout*

Stygian abyss is huge, just make smaller steps!

4. Fat Midnight

Fat Midnight Visitor

It seems alot bigger if you don`t bring a mount and never run.

5. Skrag

Skrag Visitor

Lore is good and all, but the dungeon is large enough as it is. And unlike almost every other dungeon, it's packed full of meaningful stuff. Mini-champs, not just trash to run past.

6. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Agreed.
    Especially with that part about Pittsburgh.
    But I think there's ample room on the future to expand it with undiscovered passages to new levels, I just hope they leave Pittsburgh out of it, for the sake of the game and all that is sane.

7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Are you insinuating that that High Seas introduced "The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh"???

8. olduofan

olduofan Guest

First I hope they finish the parts that are in game we cant even get to even tho they are done WTF

I got it that will be the next booster If you want to enjoy what you paid for 2 years ago we will be happy to let you know THE RETURN OF SA is here you can finally go to the ALL the lands and use the un useful items we put in the game back then to do anther 3 month grind and an item that will be worth well dropping on the ground ENJOY GARGS

just kidding ha

9. Babble

Babble Guest

Yes, if it can be saved then by fish!
    :p

10. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Supposed to have 7 levels w/ a central core I have a side view map of it from the mul files

11. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Everyone's a comedian.

12. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

I believe you can see that map in-game in the room with the path compass for the puzzle room in the Underworld. On the wall, double click it. If I remember right.

13. Granted, this dungeon has a lot of bang for its buck, and a lot more reasons to actually go there.

In fact, it's refreshing to see a dungeon that ISN'T just four big holding cells of monsters with a few tired and never-updated tweaks/puzzles thrown in.

But still, the Abyss should have many more levels. It's an underworld, not just a dungeon, even if it's a well done and interesting dungeon.

Right now it's like passing off a church bazaar as Disneyworld.

14. Babble

Babble Guest

We can always say we have not found the other passages

15. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

and if your a gargoyle there are a few massive areas that only you can fly to.
    well ok massive is about a 5x5 area :)

(i am on seige so I dont know if other shards can mark a rune there or not - we cant)

Lorddog

16. Potgut

Potgut Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

If you polymorph into a chicken or a cat it seem quite bigger

17. Annonymous User

Annonymous User Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

and if that happens the devs will just assume we will never find these passages....

18. LOL! Now THAT is a clever defense.

Customer: "DANGIT, you said by 2010 you'd have a massive new facet with new monsters, 500 new artifacts, new housing spacing and seventeen new dungeons! I paid for the upgrade, but nothing changed! When are you gonna build this facet?!!

Dev: "We did. It's not our fault you haven't figured out how to get there yet."

19. Babble

Babble Guest

Works for kaldhun for a decade now
    :p