1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(OT) Ultima series on sale at GOG right now

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Raptor85, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Thought this might interest some people here on the forums, got the promo email this morning, if you don't already have the whole series now is the time to grab it, it's 50% off this weekend.

GOG.com

2. Appalachian

Appalachian Guest

Wow good call. They have most of them for 2.99, and they have Ultima IV as a free download. I haven't played some of these since my last Commodore 64 died. Ultima VII parts 1 and 2 were two of my favorite games of all time.

3. chise2

chise2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Arrr & Yarr Pirates!

Yeah I played a few of those games. Ultima 7 was by far imo the best. But yeah good memories. :)

4. Rothen

Rothen Guest

Are these newer versions that work ok on todays machines? I only played Serpent Isle, think it was Ultima VI but really enjoyed it. Tried to load it years later on a newer machine and it would not run.

5. Appalachian

Appalachian Guest

Yeah, they have engineered them for todays machines. These old games used to be run from DOS instead of Windows so they use a DOS emulator to get them . They are all ready to go when you download them andstart right up after install. No tweaking.

6. Sir Ophid of Yew

Sir Ophid of Yew Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Are they still on sale?

7. chise2

chise2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Arrr & Yarr Pirates!

There is a program called exult you can download. That is what I last used.