1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ultima - Shards, PVP, Housing, Friends and Ultima Online 2 - Markee's Mail Bag #34

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DJAd, Feb 28, 2013.

1. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Quite an interesting video from markeedragon. Reflecting back on his UO memories and then talking about the forthcoming Ultima games.

Using books to raise the terrain to place a house?!

PS.. Sorry if not correct section for a video.

2. Buddy Lee

Buddy Lee Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Interesting video, it brings back some old memories. The books were not used to raise the terrain. They were used to raise the house above the terrain. This was all before the modern housing rules came about. Back then housing code was a lot simpler it would just check the foot print of the house for obstructions. If there were no obstructions the house would place. I knew people that placed small houses on the roof of their towers. Anyway if you had slightly uneven terrain or a small object blocking the house. You could stack up a few books and then target the book with your placement cursor. The house would then be placed at that level.

I did this once myself when I really wanted to place a house. Unfortunately the house ended up being so high I could not even get on the front steps so it was useless. I also remember being able to walk under certain houses that had been placed on hill sides.

3. Mitzlplik_LS

Mitzlplik_LS Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Makes me remember a lil cottage that used to be just outside the GZ of Ocllo on Pac back when I first started playing. It was higher than the rest of the terrain so I could just walk right under it. I used to entice nobles to it to kill them for their goods and possible vanq weapons. Those black sandal wearing merchants were also targets of my soothing melodies. haha

Great times.