1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultima Underworld References in the New Expansion

Discussion in 'UHall' started by EgoSum, Aug 31, 2009.

1. EgoSum

EgoSum Guest

Excuse me if someone has already posted something similiar to this, but I would be curious to see if anyone else who played the first Ultima Underworld game off of which the SA expansion is based off (if there is anyone other than me that actually played and remembers that game), would be able to help me list the references they've found in the new content. I've of course noticed the obvious things, like the new monsters taken from the game, the gray and green goblins, the rotworms, the slugs, and the slasher of veils, the fact that the new underworld area in UO looks nearly identical to the first level of the massive dungeon that was UW, and the presence of the silver sapling. But I'm sure that there are probably more than a few references that I haven't noticed in my limited recollection of UW. And I think for the people that never played UW, they might be interested to see why some of the things are there as they are in the new content, like that the Garamon homunculus dude is named after one of the mages that accidently summoned the Slasher of Veils.
  2. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Yeah, I'd be interested, as someone who never played the original game.
    Some of it's obvious, of course, but things like .....
    like that the Garamon homunculus dude is named after one of the mages that accidently summoned the Slasher of Veils.​

That's a curious thing that most of us would never know without someone telling us so.
  3. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 17, 2005
    Thats the best part of this expansion. Its a wonderful mix of Ultima Underworld and Ultima Six, false prophet.

Ter Mur's holy city lookes exactly like the gargoyle city of investigation from ultima six. even all the npc's are there, farmer nash, naxilator the seer.

the refrences really are endless.