1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ultimate UO expansion

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Maktai, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Maktai

Maktai Guest

I had an idea that would both make sense with current mythos and allow UO to go in any direction it wants. I thought I'd share it and see what level of heat (flames) it would generate.

UO Shards could fracture further creating additional places of difficulty within existing shards. The loot in the new areas could vary like a risk matrix with one axis being difficulty and the other being risk of losing stuff. The risk could vary from Siege like no insurance to Tram like with tram being the least lucrative loot.

There could be battle zones where people carrying legacy equipment can't travel. This would allow people to collect rares but prevent them from using unbalanced equipment in certain areas. The Siege like areas could allow all equipment and the middle areas coould allow most.

There could be even completely different clien, graphics, game mechanics requirements for different areas. Time Travel into the future, embedded games (other than chess), and game clients specifically for new areas (i.e. don't work in the old 2D areas). TeH possibilties in a game like UO are endless.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

The possibilities in UO have only been limited by ones imagination... why else do we have autions..... Chicken Fight Clubs and Player run Inns? UO is as it always has been what the players make of it.... granted it helps when the development team offers us a bit of new items to expand our visions with.... If folk are running out of things then their imaginations have become stagnant... Not every play style is for every person... but I already posted somewhere else that I Think they need to make more specific shards.... geared to a more specific type of gameplay....

3. Possible ... but instead of "all at once" as in One expansion ....
    Over time as an "Evolution" ...(without adding clients ... known difficulty in supporting the existing 3 rulesets, 2 clients ... Siege/Mugen, Tramsets, Felsets, 2d, KR)

Recent events on Maginacia as an example ... need to make the evolution "fit" the Current 3/2 split ...