1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tech Help] Ultra-Wide Screen in UO

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Old Man of UO, Nov 19, 2011.

1. I use two monitors, one 22" widescreen and the second an older 17" 4:3. I just switched to dragging the window across both monitors and putting the lesser used items out of the way on the smaller monitor. It's GREAT!

[​IMG]

The problem I have with it, when the client starts the log in is split between the two monitors and is hard to read. Is there a way to move the log in all the way over to the left to be completely on the large monitor?

[​IMG]

2. Meat Elemental

Meat Elemental Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Nice , never thought of trying that! Gotta dust off my old flatscreen crt!

3. Kons

Kons Adventurer

i have 24" and 19".. Client login screen is not "ready" for such big resolutions :)
    That form is client based and does not implies any custom interface.
    So i think you should simply resize the window .. :)

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Personally I like my 42" HDTV. Works awesome as a monitor.

5. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

22in/23in/22in widescreens here... but I haven't stretched the client (yet).

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

To be honest... I did not know I could until today. Yes. I know how much I suck at video game.

7. Hrmm... I guess I've known that you could do this since KR, but then I also thought everyone knew that. It's nice to have a full uncluttered game screen, especially as your prescription glasses get stronger.

Now, what would be ideal is having gump windows that you could tear off the main screen and put it anywhere. Is there any reason that the paperdoll, backpack, map, chat window have to be connected to the main window?

What I mean by that, is I use Gimp for graphics editor. Gimp has a main window and two toolbar windows that are separate from the editing window. This lets me go full screen on the photo and pull the toolbars off to the side on my second monitor. Why can't we do that with UO gumps?

8. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

gimp is a window program and the toolbars are just different windows.

uo is a directx program, and every gump is just an image loaded to it. So no window background = nothing.

9. Ahh - thank you for that explanation, Pinco.