1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Umm Old Timer EA Employees Ninos Question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Gareth, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

He asked this on the Castles and homes thread. I know its not like the most important thing in the world but, now its bugging me. Who was Nino? I used this sign in the design competition on Chesapeake and wanted to know if any of you knew who it was or what it was for?

[​IMG]

2. Ni-

Ni- Guest

I don't know where it came from, but I hear it from women all the time...

Ni-... No...

3. It could possibly be from the restaurant chain in the USA for Italian fine dining...

4. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I can tell you that the sign has been deemed by the higher-ups as "innapropriate for use in in-game decoration", so you'll prolly be insta-disqualified. Past that.. i'm not entirely sure... the rumor I heard before was someone from marketing near the beginning..?

5. Lord Gareth

Well that wasn't in the player guide LOL

Thats fine ill just leave a message with my EM. He didn't put that in the rules heh.

6. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Most people don't even know the thing exists, so its not generally a rules provision anywhere. :p

Only reason I know is I was told directly by Sannio back when he was decorating the Community Centers a few years ago just before he left.

7. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

*snickers* :D

8. Lord Gareth

Well thank you very much Crysta hopefuly my EM will get the email I sent and not disqualify me. I put in over 50+ hours of work.

(Yes I need to find a new way to make designs for these types of competitions because Paint is such a PAIN!)

9. Sapphirediablo

Sapphirediablo Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Nino's Magical Sign, just a sign/// but not recommended to own or to use in design constest...

10. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

It'd be kinda stupid to disqualify an entry such as your over a tiny issue such as this (would think they'd just delete the sign and continue)

... And I would have serious doubts that the EMs would know that that sign is illegal if it is, anyway.

11. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

Gareth, if they disqualify you over this, we'll storm Dudley's castle and take him hostage until they reconsider their decision...

12. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I've only ever seen it in the Inside UO files, that's about as much as I know about the thing.

13. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

"higher-ups" musta changed a few times since Sannio :D they probably don't know it's innapropriate