1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

umm stratics account...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cadsuane Sedai, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Cadsuane Sedai

Cadsuane Sedai Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Was there a huge purge?
    I havent used this account in AGES! seems my other account went poof i didnt even know i had this one anymore. but all my posts my name settings well.. account not there anymore, what did i miss?

2. Nenime

Nenime Guest

Purge... yes, some kind of. In May, the complete Stratic Forum (not only the UO section) crashed due to a weird coincidence of errors. This forum here was first only a substitute platform. Some diligent people could restore (almost?) all of the former data and then it was transfered to this place. The restoring process is still going on but as you can see most of the old sections are back up.

Your old account and the data within isn't all gone. Just inform a Mod and he/she will give you further informations how to reactivate it.

3. Yup - that was a crash for ALL Stratics forums a forensic recovery was needed! That's data recovery similar to how the Challenger shuttle data was recovered.

Do contact Brekkee thru the emails Nenime supplied. If your old account is recoverable (mine wasn't) they'll set you up and give you any instructions for getting it merged to this one.

4. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

And if it was long ago enough, your account might have even been lost the FIRST time the database went to pot.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!