1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Umm....You may want to reconsider the berserkers....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by imported_GalenKnighthawke, Mar 31, 2008.

1. LS is a pretty rough and tumble, capable shard.....And we got a couple of dozen people working this thing in the shadow Moonglow.

And we're just getting owned VERY harshly......

-Galen's player

2. Chango Pelon

Chango Pelon Guest

Sweet! The ones destined for LA got sidetracked your way. You guys can keep em, thanks!

[​IMG]

3. jelake

jelake Guest

Olaf, "Berserker!"

Come on, man, "Berserker!" [​IMG]

4. <blockquote><hr>

Olaf, "Berserker!"

[/ QUOTE ]

They feel something "like a truck" for us, but it ain't love...

-Galen's player

5. I feel left out! Still nothing on GL.

6. Dear lord don't feel left out! It was fun before the beserkers. Now it's just BS.
    On Cats its a total wastland. For every beserker we kill (which takes 20 mins) I would estimate a minimum of 10 people die at least 3 times.
    Its complete overkill. When I logged in today around 4:15 there were 40 beserkers at the gate. Now there are only a few but you get targeted as soon as you step through and lets see......80 to 95 damage per hit.....yeah that really makes me want to keep playing.
    If we are to choose sides, the 2 sides are the deamons vs the other crap in there, then how about we actually get the option to choose.....cause it looks to me like its just all out war in there! Everything kills each other and you. then you are resed and immediatly targeted by something off screen and killed. Over. and over. and over. and over.
    Complete overkill.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Are these not the guardians of the very shadowlords themselves? (or at least their ethereal presences). Should they not be striking overwhelming fear into any mortal heart? Be glad it's they're not berserker blackrock elementals [​IMG]

(so says a voice from the bleachers watching the show)

8. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

berserker blackrock elementals

[/ QUOTE ]

That does happen.

Edit : Oops...I read that as blackrock infected berserkers. Which has happened. Has anyone ever actually seen a dead blackrock elemental? I don't know of one that has ever been killed on LS.

Honestly...I find the berserkers to be mildly irritating at best. It's another case of just raising stats to ridiculous levels as a substitute for real AI difficulty.

They spawn so fast right now they can't be controlled...it's a mess. Most people either die instantly or flee back through the rift, making the rift area impossible. Since you can't get there without having 30 berserkers instantly target you...fewer and fewer people are going and it's getting worse and worse. Hopefully as the night wears on and more people log in for prime-time it will become at least a fight instead of a slaughter.

I'm still not sure I buy the mystic/vanq/power weapons helping against those things. Maybe they do a tad more damage...but it sure doesn't seem like it. They don't help anywhere near enough to make a real difference.

A challenge is good. An impossibility is not.

9. I've reconsidered the daemons.. I pity the fools.

Try killing em from here:

[​IMG]

10. GWAR_LS

GWAR_LS Guest

How you like that SuperDragon taking on all those beserkers.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I dunno... tonight I found their presence... useful.

12. Believe me the mystic weapons do exactly what we say they do......If you get the last hit on a beserker it pops up the actual damage that you do on each hit.....not the 3 or 4 that you see the whole time you are killing it. When I get the killing blow with my Power Demon Slaying bow the number that pops up is anywhere from 242 to 250. I would definatly say they hit a bit harder than a "Tad"

13. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Olaf, "Berserker!"

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]Girls think sexy.

14. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Haha - Clerks was the best...

27? In a row?

15. <blockquote><hr>

I dunno... tonight I found their presence... useful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what ya mean LOL

16. Ru Atl

Ru Atl Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Edit : Oops...I read that as blackrock infected berserkers. Which has happened. Has anyone ever actually seen a dead blackrock elemental? I don't know of one that has ever been killed on LS.

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

This is on Siege. The loots not really worth the time spent killing them.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

This is on Siege. The loots not really worth the time spent killing them.

[/ QUOTE ]

It never is on anything. We hunt hard stuff just to say we did it, not because we expect anything out of it. Even the amount of gold is a joke.

How'd you do that? Did someone manage to provoke them or just beat on it for a very long time?

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, i find that kind of funny. My Stealth Assassin has been in SL since Factions came out, and Daemons are allied with SL, so they don't attack SL members at all unless attacked first. Yet these Daemon Berserkers not only attack SL members, they attack the Shadowlords themselves and whoop their ass.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, the real damage doesn't get displayed with Power/Vanq/Mystic Weps. I have a Power Gnarled Staff that is Demon Slayer, and when i hit with it it says 7 Damage, which is the same as my Exiler does. However if i monitor their' health bar, i can tell it does alot more damage than my Exiler.

20. afreespirit

afreespirit Guest

Things weren't so bad earlier. I could LP the damn things and got in on a couple of kills. Now they cure themselves right away without fail. *sighs*

21. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Berzerker Daemons? I don't believe they exist....

Lake Austin, 2 AM Eastern, Tuesday morning - only daemons of any type in sight are summons.

22. Guest

Guest Guest

ahh...

37 in a row?

23. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Berzerker Daemons? I don't believe they exist....

[/ QUOTE ]That explains the posts in that other thread saying you have 200 of each of the new items already. Not so easy on Europa when we get 20 zerkers per Fallen Warrior or Wisp, and Shadow Lords don't drop cloaks :p

I agree the berzerkers could use toning down, they respawn quicker than we kill them, and simply prevent anything else to spawn.

24. Ru Atl

Ru Atl Guest

i had them disco'd and provoked. i was dancing around like mad at the beginning, took a bit to get the extra spawn moved away. gift of life saved me more than a few times. the bones in the top corner are mine. i just wanted to try it to see if it could be done. i had fun, but was disappointed by the loot.