1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ummmm....

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by King Edward, Sep 30, 2008.

1. King Edward

King Edward Visitor

So I dropped the taming skills and went archer, what fun.
    I go out of luna and attack a grey tamer TnT/TO (hoping to keep my first melee battle fun, private, and 1 on 1). After attacking I go back in town for the show down. What happens?
    I die to a 5 man blocker squad and a dog.
    All hail Hef and Krystal, and 4 others. Great gimp. Sweet ass rez kill too. Krystal and her minions where in front and behind me so much running around the luna walls you'd thought me and her were married and it was our honeymoon night, and she was taking the train. Well... I can sure attest to getting ****ed.
    Kinda nice tho that it took 5 people to drop one mean ass non-tamer blue. Even they knew that if the fight was fair, i'd rocked his ass.

2. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

So you got blocked because you were running, it only took 1 person to kill you, stop crying.

3. King Edward

King Edward Visitor

I was gonna come back with a bunch of points to make then I remembered... Your in KOC, cant insult you when that fact is more insulting than any point I could make. Great trolling too.

4. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

You make a thread about getting killed 5v1 and it turns out it was 1 person and 4 blocking you. I'm trolling? I bet you're a tamer in no less than 2 weeks

5. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Youre crying about being killed by the guild whose member you taunted, berated, and insulted. Are you kidding me? Were I Krystal I would have called in twice as many to taunt, block, loot, rezkill, and taunt some more.

Sorry, Ima side with TNT on this one, and that has never happened before, to my knowledge...

6. King Edward

King Edward Visitor

Well DUHHHHHHHHH.
    I got tired of everyone crying about tamers (esp TO). So I make the move off taming and BAMM.... 1 Tamers dog and 4 blockers kill me. Seems Tamings the way to go. Every red tamer on the shard fears me straight up. You can bet if I had pets in toe that the first tamer would never have entered town, and the other 4 would have never been seen.

7. King Edward

King Edward Visitor

*Hands out the pixel tissues*
    Old news, done and dealt with... Next?

8. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

WAIT WAIT WAIT

you play a tamer and ganker for how long and how often? Then you play an actual template once and flag on one person and you HONESTLY expect a solo fight?

dude edward hate to tell you , nobody is going to get in line to solo fight you. You have to EARN your solo fights through the thin and thickness of normal pvp gimpness like the same kind you have served up to everybody else

9. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

Because they are all in vent, they just say I'm at x location and all the guildies come runing in looking for the action.

10. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Genius! *winks*

11. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

"Mom, Kelmo's teasing me."

"Well, tell him to stop!"

"ok..."

:postcount:

12. Black magick

Black magick Guest

While you should kind of expect it KE, I have to agree on a point tho. Where has the siege solo mentality gone? Why don't people fight one on one anymore?

13. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

killed by vent and 'panic' on automap I think, a infection brought from prodo shards. No one seems to be able to do anything alone. I notice it a lot on Europa, I die in game I look for a healer, other people call for help on icq or irc instead.

14. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

1v1 is dead. Mage dueling is a joke, 90% of people have hiding, and the main PvP spot contains houses.

15. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

Hate to say it but i 100% Agree here.. I used to give a **** about one v ones.. Id never say anything in vent if i found someone alone.. I loved playing my mage (Still do) and i like fights outa luna.. But thats just not how it is anymore..

As a mage you will get killed by Dismount.. Nerve Strike.. Deathstrike (Sometimes) Moving Shot.. Mortal.. Lethal poison.. and many other things because you have to *Stop* to do anything..

As a dexxer.. Dismount (Smoke Bomb) Nerve (Smoke Bomb) Deathstrike (Confidence) Moving Shot (Confidence) Mortal (Confidence) Lethal (Confidence) and if Anything bad happens.. (Smoke Bomb) and your totally outa trouble.. Which i'll admit is lame as hell.. But We're only making ourselves weaker by going " Its gimp im not gonna use it!! " When thats the way siege is built.. Some people will say ^^ About tamers.. But Imo Tamers are extreme boring to play.. which is why i'll pass..

16. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

I am not a pvp'er, but have played t-hunters and the like. But I can see, and I can read, and that about sums up the changes quite well.

17. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Obviously not "done and dealt with" since they took the time and effort to give you the dirtnap...wait, doesn't sound like it took much effort.

As for "pixel tissues" I suggest you look towards your original post and start blowing...

18. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

I have to agree totally with this and if I may Add one thing,

Nobody in there right mind should 1v1 you, you have to be the biggest gloater on the shard, and if by chance you won, You will run onto these boards and pound yer chest acting like yer the best, when were out here fighting and dieing and killing everyday, and thats all guilds,

I think the other guilds can vouch for this, man what would the boards look like everytime someone killed someone in the field........omg I dismounted someone who was half life ran em down with moving shot and killed em......man im soooooooooo good mommy, look at me...I hope no one 1v1s you and if i see someone doing it, im jumping in and ganking you straight up and not going to keep it secret, I hope you have the brass to actually play that template for more than 24hrs. But im sure your soul stones will be used again very quickly,

Fudd

19. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

unfortunately my only 1v1's are against guildies.... and then normally I get ganked because they are jealous of my sweet man odor.....

take it as a compliment Ed, man up and go get your own revenge. Everyone here understands that if you come to the boards to complain of a kill, you will be derided and brushed off.

20. qqqa2

qqqa2 Guest

ill 1v1 him, infact ill 1v1 anyone on the shard.... besides worse thing that can happen is i die and get a good fight out of it, right? i doubt many people would be able to kill me 1v1 tho :gun::)

ps tamers dont count in 1v1's only templates without all kill!

21. King Edward

King Edward Visitor

And this is why people that try to adjust just go back to thier normal ways.
    As far as bragging and pounding my chest??? Sure I brag about being this awesome tamer, but I cannot think of one time in the past ive got on these boards and bragged about killing one person. You have me confused with you and everyone one in KOC. Simple truth.

22. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Play your own game folks! Do not listen to others about what template to
    play either!

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

23. qqqa2

qqqa2 Guest

i agree, people should play what they enjoy. but EA definitly should fix the things that are abused and unbalanced.

24. Goron

Goron Guest

Fixed it for you

25. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Not to worry, they did the same thing to me. For some reason they felt that after the third shield I stole from a guild mate, it was time to come get me. Twas fun...I haven't been chased by more than 2 or 3 players in a long time. The bulk of the group didn't even get to play...I was already dead when they showed up.

Funny though, when I rezzed the last time, the oder shield was in my pack. I thought that bug had been fixed. *shrugs*

I do have to keep working my wrestling though at 77, the missed attempts to disarm trouble me so. Anyone know the percentage to disarm if I only take it up to 80?...la

26. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

Yeah, no that bug is still not fixed....and plz devs ..don't fix it!!!!!!:bowdown:

27. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

From Sep, 26 FoF:

More Publish 56 updates

The big stuff is still making its way to QA, but here are some more bugs that are looking pretty solidly fixed right now:

Making the "weapon switch" macro work with spellbooks
    Fixing an issue where axing spinning wheels while they're spinning can break them
    The ability to disarm a shield with the Disarm special move should go away
    Fixing some issues with the hiryu dismount move
    You'll be able to find a healer on Nu'Jelm!
    Fixing some issues with commanding your pet to attack or kill and the pet not responding consistently
    Fixed a bug where the Inquisitor's Resolution sometimes spawns in an unreachable area
    A number of minor display bugs - tooltips not showing the correct information, that sort of thing
    We've got more coming in all the time, plus the live event, prep work for Halloween (you didn't think we'd forget about Halloween, did you?) and more! It's gonna be a monster publish.

28. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

OHHHHHHHHHHH that bug. I thought he meant the bug where you die right after you steal something but still retain the item in yer pack when you rez.
    My bad!

29. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I may have been confused... I often am these days.

30. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Indeed.

31. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

That bug is still around Red? Holy hell. I haven't thought about that since moon gate stealing.

32. TheScoundrelRico

It worked last night. Want to buy an Order shield...cheap?...la

33. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

My Dci shield which i have hundreds of?

34. King Edward

King Edward Visitor

Personally im trying very hard not too go back to taming... But its hard when the same exact guilds that cry about it have 2 or 3 tamers on the field, playing blocker games.

35. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

run stam pots and dont run in strait lines maybe?

36. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Irony?

37. TheScoundrelRico

Actually, I wasn't geared at the time, I had been out in the wild...got killed by some mean monsters and hadn't had time to stock up. My biggest mistake was trying the steal while on foot, and I have ninjar on a stone in my bank so I couldn't even change form...it was still fun though...la

38. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

talking to ed not You

39. Goron

Goron Guest

heh, just think- had you gone away from taming before the 'same exact guilds that cry about it' were forced to "adapt" and pick up taming; then we'd prolly have fewer tamers now!
    Well, now you can suffer from your decisions.