1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Un-condemn a house?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DJAd, Jan 30, 2015.

1. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

A friend of mine has a house on Atlantic and then placed another on Europa. This has now made his Atlantic home condemned.

He has now dropped the Europa house but the Atlantic one is still condemned. Is there anyway he can get it back to normal?

I told him I think he would have to trade it to someone then they trade it back to him?

Is there another way to sort this out?

Thanks.

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

The house is full of items so I don't think the resize option would work either :-(

3. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

No it wont, he resizes, it will all drop to the ground. Trading it off to another acct is the best option at this point.

DJAd likes this.
  4. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Houses in decay on accounts that are inactive, usually update within an hour of reactivating the account. I would think this house will fix itself once the housing server realizes it should no longer be condemned. Unless it's already IDOC, why even consider resizing it to fix it ?

5. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

The account is active and its only "slightly worn" at the moment.

6. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

I don´t think that applies in this situation.
    I think trading it is the only option here.

7. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I would think a condemned house is a condemned house, regardless of how it got there.

8. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the all the replies guys. He has paged a GM so fingers crossed they will help him out.

#8 DJAd, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  9. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Like some others I think that trading is the ONLY option to save it unless Messana intervenes. Hope it all gets sorted,

Obsidian and DJAd like this.
  10. Siabra

Siabra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I agree -trade the home to another account WITHOUT a house- that will save it

11. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

I'm not trying to be mean here, but WHY are you bothering Mesanna or GM? A player had a house on Atl. Then this same player went and knowingly placed a 2nd house on Europa, which caused the first house on Atl to become condemned. This is normal game play and though it sucks for this player now, I see NO reason for anything to be done about it unless he opts to trade it to another acct like the rest of us would have to do to save it. Am I wrong in thinking this way?

12. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

And if you read the warning gump when you place, it plainly states that the action will condemn all existing housing on that account...
    Trade it or let it fall, thats the options

13. Varrius

Varrius Sage
    Stratics Veteran

It's amazing that after playing this game so long that people don't understand the simplest of things.

14. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

It's not always a matter of not understanding things, BTW. How many times have you been playing tired and bleary eyed and simply clicked the wrong thing? For example, a soulstone - instead of clicking Activate to tranfser the skill, you click Delete (the button right below it) and you've suddenly lost 100 skill points. It would amaze me if, after playing the game all this time, some people have never experienced something like that.

15. Luvmylace

Luvmylace Sage
    Stratics Veteran

just trade the condemned house to someone ypou trust who has with an account with no house on it pm me and I will help you
    \

16. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Yeah don't bother Mesanna about this...it's an easy fix...as stated...trade the house to someone, that's the only way to save it.

And let this be a learning experience for people who aren't aware of it....if you have a house already...and you place another house, your original house will fall into decay...UNLESS you place a house on Siege....and there is no way to *un-condemn* it, you must transfer it to someone else if you wish to save it.

Good Luck!

17. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

^^^ This ^^^

18. Scribbles

Scribbles Babbling Loonie
    Professional Alumni

if you are placing on a foreign shard with a house on another shard, often times you dont get this gump... And in rare cases it will auto place the house and give you no gump at all.

azmodanb likes this.
  19. flappy6

flappy6 Sage

Dropping it and replacing it would be easiest, if you trade it away you still have a one week timer to get it back.When you drop the house the timer is gone ,as long as you don't have another house you can always place a house. Resize might work the same way but I never tried that. Guess it depends on value of the house. I've placed 7-8 houses in one day on same account before,I use to place then go to Luna and sell then place another.......so on. Timer is mostly for accepting a traded house or a second placed house.

20. Briken

Briken Visitor

^Troll^

^Troll^

Yes, because every returning player must know every single rule that has changed in the last 15 years. I mean it's not like there is much to catch up on or anything.

whiterabbit likes this.
  21. Armani Exchange

Armani Exchange Seasoned Veteran

If you need a broker to hold the house, I'll gladly help you and your friend out, as I'm sure the other brokers would too! Icq me if you need help

22. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

This has happened to me when testing a spot. I never got a confirmation gump, the house just placed as soon as I clicked on the ground. I had to open one of my dormant accounts and trade houses around to get it straightened out.

23. Xelious Norwood

I had a house go into decay while we had the WBB going on and it wouldnt come out of decay so I had to page a GM. And you dont have to be on for them to fix it.

24. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It is not trolling to point out that the rules are very clear. The current rule that placing a single house condemns all houses across the account has been in place since Publish 16, released July 2002. No one has to keep up with every last change, like imbuing or what BODs now give what, but housing rules are among the easiest to know about. Is the gump not clear enough when someone places a house that "Re-deeding or transferring your new house will not un condemn your other house(s)"? It's even on an EA support page. http://help.ea.com/en/article/why-is-my-house-condemned/

"A Game Master will not remove the condemned status of your house for any reason. Please do not page asking them to do this."

25. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

What? Exactly where did the op say this is a returning player? And how did the first house become full of items as stated? Again, don't waste Mesanna or the GM's time.

26. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Oh the irony!!!

27. THP

THP Stratics Legend

simply 2$ account form ebay.. trade to new and trade back to main...really???

28. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

C'mon man, you should know that you can't get UO accounts on eBay any more. If you found one please PM me the link.

29. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Ah what a player will do to feel the glee of owning a castle they placed.

30. THP

THP Stratics Legend

lol...30 days play man....30 days play for a couple of dollars.....whatever...

31. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

wat?

32. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If it's really a problem, start another account and pay it with a 30 day game code...if the house means a lot to ya and is loaded with items.

33. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If a house condemns due to the 90 day inactive period, you can refresh it be reactivating the house. If it condemns for placing another house, you have to trade it off. They can create a trial account and subscribe the account (pay the monthly fee) which will then allow it to place or be traded a house. Only issue is, if the current house holding account has extra storage entitlements, might have to reduce some lockdowns in order to trade it but with house decay quickened these days, you don't have much time. About 2 days is your time limit.