1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Unable to get rid of quest book - any advice? SOLVED

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Bobar, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

In my backpack I have a book - The book is blessed and is itself the quest item and the quest giver. The book is Lord Denthe's and the quest to return it to Verity at Brit Library. Unfortunately It does not allow me to finish the quest so I cancelled the quest but there is no way I can get rid of the damn book. I cant put it in a bag, I cant put it in my bankbox, it justs sits there.

I suppose if nobody can help I will have to try the EM route but sitting for ages with nothing happening doesn't appeal much.

Obviously I have tried restarting the quest and trying again but no joy there so, as the title, any advice?

#1 Bobar, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  2. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

I would suggest trying opening a context menu on it and looking for any option to remove it. Other than that I am actually not sure.

Apparently getting rid of the book is a quest of it's own.

3. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

The only way I know, aside from completing the quest, is to call a GM. o_O

Enjoy the wait :popcorn:

4. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

Fill you backpack with 125 single items, make a macro to drop something in your pack like a spellbook that you have equipt. Hold the quest book on your cursor and hit the macro you made to drop something in your pack. When you drop the quest book on yourself, it should go to your feet instead due to having 125 items in your pack.

Bobar likes this.
  5. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

Just had a friend suggest something similar - thanks all for replies, try anything rather than the wait eternal.

6. Silentfury

Silentfury Journeyman

Aye. I had the same issue with the Correspondence to Minax. I hadn't realized I had already done to "Once Only" Quest. I paged a GM but couldn't stay on long. Even logged out, the GM removed the item from my pack as when I logged in the next day, it was gone.

7. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

Thank you - Once again a workaround saves the day and the darn book has gone to the void. What I actually did was filled my pack with 120 items - got a tinkers kit and a few ingots started to make max scissors and as soon as it started held the book - the scissors quickly filled my back pack and the book dropped to the ground when i tried to put it in - problem solved.